CJohn

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D

Based on Live + 3 Day data for the 2nd episode of Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., the new ABC drama saw significantly bigger TV playback gains than for its premiere telecast.  The show surged 51% to 4.92 Adult 18-49 rating (vs. a 3.26 rating in L+SD), up from a 38% increase for its debut telecast.   Additionally, the second episode of the show built 39% in L+3 to deliver 12.07 million Total Viewers (vs. 8.66 million viewers in L+SD), up from a 31% increase for its premiere.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2013/10/06/l3-ratings-marvels-agents-of-s-h-i-e-l-d-sees-bigger-playback-gains-in-week-2/207150/?28TVbytheNumbers%29

• Like 1

It's ratings seem to be good enough that it should probably get renewed. well considering it's up against both the Voice and NCIS. It's getting good overseas ratings as well, though I don't know how much those factor in. ABC from all reports is very happy with the current ratings so I bet this'll do fine.

• Community Manager

It's ratings seem to be good enough that it should probably get renewed. well considering it's up against both the Voice and NCIS. It's getting good overseas ratings as well, though I don't know how much those factor in. ABC from all reports is very happy with the current ratings so I bet this'll do fine.

Eh, it's too early to talk about renewals for freshmen shows not named Sleepy Hollow.  ABC is happy with the current ratings but that's the keyword: current. It depends on how they hold up if it'll come back or not-especially since SHIELD is a more expensive series than most.

As for overseas ratings, they don't really factor in at all. Competition doesn't really factor in either. ABC doesn't care how SHIELD does in relation to it's competition but how it does in relation to other ABC shows.

wow good episode

i don't like skye , her personality rubs me the wrong way  that plus she's a traitor 

it didnt click with me the scientist name until the end of the episode *such fail* lol -_-

in my defense i'm not a marvel comic book geek , still i've been reading the avengers 2 thread  ok i have a better excuse i only woke up an hour ago and had breakfast while watching this  ^_^

i was shocked coulson drop the guy into the graviton

whatever mix  :o , that's cold ...

but then the end why it didnt occur to me , knowing the universe the show is set in , where people don't always die from being exposed to  highly toxic chemicals and other elements , and scientific accidents have consequences 

the effects were cool i have to say !  way way better episode this week 

i wonder how long skye is going to be dancing the fine line between committing to being a shield agent and being a rising tide mole , she'l have to make a stand at some moment and swear allegiance to the team !

Edited by ladyevenstar22

• Community Manager

If the ratings are still dropping, do you think ABC will keep it on the air, due to the Avengers being so popular, or give it up?

It depends on how far they drop. I have a feeling they'll try to keep it on the air for as long as possible.

• Community Manager

A big issue though is that the series seems to need, as some users have pointed out, movies to stabilize the ratings. That seems to indicate that the real demand for this series is artificially constructed by other works and it's inability to survive on its own an indictment of how unnecessary this series is.