CJohn

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D

Is that sarcasm? How can you possibly conclude that it needs movies to stabilize the ratings after three episodes? How can you conclude anything after three episodes?  :huh:

It had a large drop from its premiere (expected) and then a normal drop from episode 2 to episode 3

I finally watched this episode on ABC. It's good, a step up from last week. It set up origin and the inevitable return of Graviton pretty well. 

Even though I'm still not that keen on Chloe Bennet's acting; Skye is growing on me. Ward, on the other hand, eh; boring. But I guess a team like this needs a straight, stern guy and he's it.

• Community Manager

Is that sarcasm? How can you possibly conclude that it needs movies to stabilize the ratings after three episodes? How can you conclude anything after three episodes?  :huh:

It had a large drop from its premiere (expected) and then a normal drop from episode 2 to episode 3

'Cause I follow TV ratings regularly and I know when a new series has yet to stabilize.  Anyways, I'm talking about what other users have stated.

I love the series so far but it needs more connections to the films/comics to keep the die hards' interest. Teasing/setting up Graviton is not enough. I think Project Pegasus and/or The Vault would be a great direction to go as they will never be covered in the films other than in passing at best.

I love the series so far but it needs more connections to the films/comics to keep the die hards' interest. Teasing/setting up Graviton is not enough. I think Project Pegasus and/or The Vault would be a great direction to go as they will never be covered in the films other than in passing at best.

It needs more connection to the films? The main macguffins of the first two episodes were directly linked to the films. (A mix of Supersoldier serum, Chitauri Tech and Extremis in Ep 1 and a Tesseract Cell in Ep 2)

Honestly, most of what I hear the Die-hards wanting is superheroes like Daredevil and Punisher to appear on the show which, to put it bluntly, is never going to happen. Because Marvel still has the possibility to make a movie out of them, they're not going to waste them on a TV series.

Finally, the vast majority of the die-hards are going to continue watching anyway. Because they're die-hards. Much more important to concentrate on good storytelling to keep the general audience interested. Because, in the grand scheme of things, the fanboys/die-hards are kind of a minority anyway.

This is also passing here in a very fast way here. I have already seen the first 3 episodes and I am loving this so far. I want a 2nd season! But I think Marvel greenlighting 5 new shows is insane. This one is enough.

Edited by CJohn

18-49 Rating/Sh Viewers (Millions) CBS NCIS 3.0/9 18.43ABC Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. 2.7/8 7.68NBC The Biggest Loser 2.2/7 7.00FOX Dads 1.4/4 3.40CW The Originals 1.1/3 2.20

SHIELD dropped a bit from last week.

Isn't that just preliminary ratings? It usually goes up with the final number comes in tonight.

Just finished watching Eye Spy. Sorta common plot but executed pretty well for the most parts. The writers should drop the type of childish juvenile humors like the scene with FitzSimmons and Skye in the van. They also should put more focus on Coulson, and not on the boring and limited Ward and Skye IMO. Give Fitz and Simmons more background and deeper characterizations too; the actor/actress have the ability, but weren't given enough or right materials to work with. I hope things will change for the better as the show progresses.

Isn't that just preliminary ratings? It usually goes up with the final number comes in tonight.

Yep, here are the finals:

CBS NCIS 3.1/9 18.83
ABC Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (8-9:01PM) 2.8/8 7.85
NBC The Biggest Loser 2.3/7 7.16
FOX Dads 1.5/5 3.42
CW The Originals 1.1/3 2.22

It went up a bit from the prelims, but still down slightly from last week.
  • Like 1

• Community Manager

Just finished watching Eye Spy. Sorta common plot but executed pretty well for the most parts. The writers should drop the type of childish juvenile humors like the scene with FitzSimmons and Skye in the van. They also should put more focus on Coulson, and not on the boring and limited Ward and Skye IMO. Give Fitz and Simmons more background and deeper characterizations too; the actor/actress have the ability, but weren't given enough or right materials to work with. I hope things will change for the better as the show progresses.

I liked the van scene. It served a purpose beyond just making you laugh: to show how unprepared for the field these people are.