filmnerdjamie

Wednesday Numbers (08/29)

Apparently so. But I don't understand why this no name horror film will outgross the other no name horror film that just came out.

I do.I live near San Fran. and I have seen TONS of ads for it on the TV stations I watch. I saw almost nothing for "Apparition" (and when I finally did, it was 2 days before it came out). Plus, the ads play up Raimi's name substantially - thus tranforming it from a "no name" to a "name". Lastly, the trailer has the "fun" aspect of a possession, demon, evil, supernatural, etc. - many of the same things that propelled "The Devil Inside" to almost $34M debut back in January. I don't expect "Possession" to get that high, but I certainly can see why it's tracking for #1.

Thank you doctoru2.I guess there is a lot more advertising for it in the US than there is here in Canada because I haven't seen anything here.

Apparently so. But I don't understand why this no name horror film will outgross the other no name horror film that just came out.

Hey you, wheres the horror love?And you know fine well that names don't mean anything in relation to success in horror.POSSESSION for number 1 this weekend.There is one big reason why this horror film will outgross The Apparition:........2,000 more theaters.

I do.I live near San Fran. and I have seen TONS of ads for it on the TV stations I watch. I saw almost nothing for "Apparition" (and when I finally did, it was 2 days before it came out). Plus, the ads play up Raimi's name substantially - thus tranforming it from a "no name" to a "name". Lastly, the trailer has the "fun" aspect of a possession, demon, evil, supernatural, etc. - many of the same things that propelled "The Devil Inside" to almost $34M debut back in January. I don't expect "Possession" to get that high, but I certainly can see why it's tracking for #1.

Yeah been seeing quite a bit of advertisement as well. Was planning on watching it this weekend but making a road trip for Labor Day. Maybe I'll catch it next weekend.

boxoffice.com

Wide (1000+)

# Title Wed, Aug. 29 2012   Locations   Avg. Total Wks. Dist.
1 ParaNorman $644,841 -38% 3,455 26 $187 $30,845,525 2 Focus
2 Hit and Run $355,613 -38% 2,870 172 $124 $7,138,670 1 Open Road

Limited (100 — 999)

# Title Wed, Aug. 29 2012   Locations   Avg. Total Wks. Dist.
1 Moonrise Kingdom $45,367 -8% 332 50 $137 $43,815,058 14 Focus