filmnerdjamie

Wednesday Numbers (09/05)

If anyone is looking at 2011 for reference purposes, they need to realize the NFL Kickoff game was on Thurs that week, not Wed.

I did forget about that, totally explains the 10-12% drops. Flat or a slight increase today, hopefully? Then again, Obama is speaking tonight, so that may draw a fair amount of people. Edited by MrPink

I did forget about that, totally explains the 10-12% drops. Flat or a slight increase today, hopefully? Then again, Obama is speaking tonight, so that may draw a fair amount of people.

Who's this Obama fellow you speak of? :P

Yup, and this is nothing new, early September is normally weak. Kids are back in school, summer is over, football is starting up, and the new TV season is starting soon.

The new TV season starts on Monday for some shows, and over the course of the next few weeks they will all kick in.

Summer's over. Now if it doesn't get a huge increase on Friday, then you have my permission to whine. :P

Calm down, Arachnid! Now's not the time for whine. That comes Sunday with weekend estimates.

OOGIELOVES IN THE BIG BALLOON ADVENTURE

Kenn Viselman Presents

2,160 $166,155

+8.6% / $77

$835,644 / 6 $64,080

-61.4% / $30

$899,724 / 7 $48,332

-24.6% / $22

$948,056 / 8

Three tickets a day. Empty houses all around!

And yet, it has already made more than Delgo even if adjusted. Regardless of how badly this is performing(or is that how well it's not performing?), Delgo still opened on Friday with the same amount of theaters and ended up with less than 700k...total. Plus Delgo had twice the budget. Oogie Boogie may technically hold the record for lowest OW for a 2000+ release, but Delgo still holds the title in my opinion.
  • Like 1