Ezen Baklattan

Weekend Estimates (9/14 - 9/16/12) - PAGE 21 - (RE5 $21.1m, Nemo $17.5m, Master $730k!)

Another strong hold for BL. It's run has surprised the hell out of me. It actually has a shot at passing BI. Most thought 100M would be a struggle after the OW but late legs have been tremendous.

It's not that good of a run. It has zero chance of topping Identity Edited by John Marston

You could pretty much say that about every movie currently in release, they've just amassed totals bigger than I though they'd get, and essentially did it without me noticing. It's pretty cool.

Empty marketplace certainly helped.

Another strong hold for BL. It's run has surprised the hell out of me. It actually has a shot at passing BI. Most thought 100M would be a struggle after the OW but late legs have been tremendous.

I don't think it's that surprising that it passed 100m. It opened to 38m. Salt opened to 36m and Safe House 40m with similar critic and fan reviews and they both crossed 100m. Magic Mike opened to 39m and crossed 100m as well.BL will end up in the vicinity of these movies. Probably in between Salt and Safe House is my guess. I will be near Identity if not topping it. It will be close. But I really thought it could do more even without Damon. I was hoping it would gross closer to Supremacy unadjusted. Edited by ECSTASY

Methinks the BO will start to get interesting again on the week Taken 2 comes out

I am really surprised when people on this site make comments suggesting that the box office is sometimes boring. I think every weekend is pretty interesting and I enjoy seeing all the percentage differences between various films and their own weekly performances. There isn't a week in the year that I wouldn't want to see the daily numbers for. It's not a criticism, I just find it pecular to only want to follow the box office when it is "good" since the bad weekends can be just as interesting, Edited by Clavius
  • Like 3

I forget what usually happens, are the rest of the friday numbers released later today, or will they be released tomorrow? I don't want to keep refreshing pages... Thanks

I think some won't show until we got actuals on Monday. It just depends on if the studio will report them for each day of the weekend.
  • Like 1