CJohn

Resident Evil: The Final Chapter | 1/27/17 | Trailer on Page 10

37 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

When the embargo is going to lift? Reviews in my country are actually pretty good, it received two 3/5 from our biggest cinema site, and both claimed that it's the best movie of the franchise. 

Don't get your hopes up, American reviewers will crush this as usual, they're not really taken with the franchise.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

Don't get your hopes up, American reviewers will crush this as usual, they're not really taken with the franchise.

Well, let's be honest, it's not like the franchise deserves a higher score than what it got, and I say this as a person that actually enjoy these movies since I was a kid, I just hope it will be the best one in the franchise, considering that the scale seems to be epic, this is truly possible.

• Like 1

I think they're all fantastic films, maybe not for critics, but honestly it'll be a cold day in hell when I value what they think considering they think Moonlight was last year's best movie and I thought it was the worst. Not every movie is boring enough to appeal to critics, sadly. I have loved every Resident Evil movie so far, so I hope the finale is great too.

On 1/23/2017 at 7:58 PM, CJohn said:

Alice was the secret of success of this franchise. She doesn't exist in the games. No similar plotline either. It was the perfect plan.

I did not know this. If it's been mentioned during the run I'd forgotten. 

I just like zombie films and found this passable to good at times. 

This is my last guilty pleasure film of January, hope to get to it. I managed Underworld and XXX:RoXC.

John Wick ch.2 is my Feb film that's iffy to see. 

RE and UW are franchises with a female lead yet they were continuously shunned by the crowd bemoaning the lack of leading action roles for women. It's hilarious that DC and Marvel are viewed as saviors for putting WW and Captain Marvel on the screen when these 2 franchise had female leads since the aughts. But I guess them being B movies doesn't count or whatever. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Valonqar said:

RE and UW are franchises with a female lead yet they were continuously shunned by the crowd bemoaning the lack of leading action roles for women. It's hilarious that DC and Marvel are viewed as saviors for putting WW and Captain Marvel on the screen when these 2 franchise had female leads since the aughts. But I guess them being B movies doesn't count or whatever. 

Katniss is the truly savior of female lead, you just need to check the bunch of movies that came after THG's success with a female as a lead.

I'm not a fan of Zombie movies but the trailer looked kind of fun.

I watched Resident Evil: Extinction tonight and enjoyed it.  I was unhappy that none of the other RE films are available on Netflix or Amazon.

I don't think I'll see this in theaters but will definitely catch it later.

• Like 2

On 26/01/2017 at 7:22 AM, Mockingjay Raphael said:

When the embargo is going to lift? Reviews in my country are actually pretty good, it received two 3/5 from our biggest cinema site, and both claimed that it's the best movie of the franchise. 

In my opinion its the best of the franchise. Saw it last night. Had a lot of fun. Much better than the previous one.

• Like 2