A Marvel Fanboy

Flopped Actors/Actresses Thread

Seann William Scott was in a few hits like Role Models, but otherwise they all basically fizzled out. Alyson Hannigan was on How I Met Your Mother, Jason Biggs is on Orange is The New Black currently, Chris Klein is floating around TV, Tara Reid does B movies including Sharknado and its sequel, etc...

I wouldn't say Alyson has flopped. HIMYM lasted many years, it's not the same as big screen movies, but it's not crappy direct to video movies either. She's happily married with young children, I think she just wanted a steady well paying gig.

• Like 3

I wouldn't say Alyson has flopped. HIMYM lasted many years, it's not the same as big screen movies, but it's not crappy direct to video movies either. She's happily married with young children, I think she just wanted a steady well paying gig.

Oh I agree. I was just pointing out the show prior.

Edited by Pokearcher
  • Like 1

Will Smith may be on the verge of flopping, both After Earth and Winter's Tale have been big misses for him. It'll be a bit before he completely disappears, but he recently won his razzie and may be heading down the same path as Eddie Murphy.Also Jaden smith is proving to be a bit of a flop, after karate kid the domestic audience has really been rejecting him as a lead.

Edited by The Panda

Will Smith may be on the verge of flopping, both After Earth and Winter's Tale have been big misses for him. It'll be a bit before he completely disappears, but he recently won his razzie and may be heading down the same path as Eddie Murphy.Also Jaden smith is proving to be a bit of a flop, after karate kid the domestic audience has really been rejecting him as a lead.

Will Smith only do Winter's Tale as a favor to Akiva Goldsman. His name wasn't even used in the advertising.

His next few movies aren't action films, so I don't think he's headed down the same path as Eddie Murphy.

• Like 2

Yeah, just because After Earth (unsurprisingly) flopped doesn't mean Will Smith's is a "has been" or anything. And Winter's Tale doesn't count at all because it was a small and unadvertised role that, as Pokearcher said, he likely only did as a favor for Akiva Goldsman,

That romantic comedy opposite Margot Robbie he has coming out next year sounds promising.

• Like 1

Will Smith is not a "flopped actor". I mean one flop qualifies to be a flopped actor when the guy got a streak of 100M+ movies since 1995 and is the last global Hollywood superstar?

Or you consider Johnny Depp a flopped actor because of Lone Ranger bombing hard then...

Flopped actors are actors that were one-hit wonders or promised to be the next big thing but fail to deliver and happen big time so they just vanished into B-moviedom slump or into plain oblivion. Like Skeet Ulrich or The Hobbit's guys in LOTR.

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 7

Yep Alyson is legend.. She makes tons of monies doing those Buffy the Vampire Slayer stuff too.

Shes been in hit films ,  has a huge cult following from Buffy the Vampire Slayer series and shoot now another hit long running show  in HIMYM... She is no where close to being on this list.

Will Smith is not a "flopped actor". I mean one flop qualifies to be a flopped actor when the guy got a streak of 100M+ movies since 1995 and is the last global Hollywood superstar?

Or you consider Johnny Depp a flopped actor because of Lone Ranger bombing hard then...

Flopped actors are actors that were one-hit wonders or promised to be the next big thing but fail to deliver and happen big time so they just vanished into B-moviedom slump or into plain oblivion. Like Skeet Ulrich or The Hobbit's guys in LOTR.

Amen Dash.

THough I think folks are seeing through Wills fakeness my friend and he could go that route.. The guy is a real asshole in person and lately hes coming across as fake as Jon Jones trying to act like he this nice Role model UFC champ, then folks post his videos of him being a real D@@ck and exposing him..lol

It seems like a lot of people here are confusing flopped actors with fading actors. Actors like Will Smith and Johnny Depp can not ever be considered flopped actors, they had long A-List level careers with multiple hits and franchises. Their careers appear to be on the down swing now so they could be called fading stars, but their careers have been clearly successful .

Flopped would be actors that briefly landed prominent roles and had their shot at big time success but never really amounted to much (Taylor Kitsch, Alex Pettyfer,  Casper Van Dien and Lily Collins are good examples).

• Like 4

Could actors/actresses be considered "flopped" if they're getting steady work in supporting roles and ensemble stuff, but failed to establish a career as a lead? The example that just came to my mind was Jay Baruchel - he's been doing well in the How to Train Your Dragon franchise and various supporting/ensemble jobs, but there was that brief period in 2010 where he was given two leading roles in She's Out of My League and The Sorcerer's Apprentice, and their consecutive failures immediately ended his starring career.

Edited by TServo2049

Any news from John Carter ???

Poor guy, I am sure he can't even get a meeting to play a bad guy in Bones or CSI.

He s not box office poison, but box office plague, aids and malaria combined.

He managed to grab a role in season 2 if True Detective so he might be able to carve out a decent career in tv at least

Will Smith was in Winter's Tale?

• Like 1

He`s an excellent choice for a flop.

Also, isn`t Jared Leto a poster for flop? For some unexplicable reason, he is schtupping the hottest Hollywood stars and is only famous for that (which landed him Hugo Boss or Armani perfume deal). He also doesn`t age,like, at all!

:wub:  :wub: