Neo

American Hustle (12.20.13) NEW TRAILER PAGE 35

I'm worried that this and The Wolf of Wall Street are going to eat into each other as big, edgy R-rated crime dramedies with A-list actors. Both seem to be very good, though, so WOM might be decent, but I'm not convinced that either one can easily finish much higher than $100m. (Right now, I see $90m for Hustle and $115m for Wall Street, by the way.)

• Like 1

I'm worried that this and The Wolf of Wall Street are going to eat into each other as big, edgy R-rated crime dramedies with A-list actors. Both seem to be very good, though, so WOM might be decent, but I'm not convinced that either one can easily finish much higher than $100m. (Right now, I see $90m for Hustle and $115m for Wall Street, by the way.)

But it's also Christmas where both these type of movies can survive, plus I see Wolf skewing a bit more towards an older crowd due to the hard R rating and Hustle skewing a bit more towards the younger (even teens) because of the Light R and J-Law.  (Although DiCaprio's a pull for Wolf too)

I think they'll both survive fine though, similar to how both Phillips and Gravity did extraordinarily well.

• Like 1

Tomato Watch:

American Hustle

Reviews: 35
Fresh/Rotten: 33 Fresh / 2 Rotten -
94% Fresh / 6% Rotten
Average Rating: 7.8 / 10

Cream of the Crop
Reviews: 8
Fresh/Rotten: 7 Fresh / 1 Rotten
88% Fresh / 12% Rotten
Average Rating: 7.0 / 10

General Consensus:

-

Users

Reviews: -
-% Fresh / -% Rotten
Average Rating: - / 5

strong start

SAG and GG nominations are going to be of tremendous help and I am very confident in my $125k PTA prediction. The lack of screens because of The Hobbit opening is probably the only thing that can stop it from posting a really insane PTA.

1990-born JLaw gets her 3rd individual film nom before any 80s-born actors (I believe). Showing up not only her generation but her (slightly) older peers too. SAG wise.

“The only thing I was good at was being a mess when I was her age."

— Amy Adams on Jennifer Lawrence’s talent

• Like 1