Neo

The Warner Bros. Thread | Will NOT merge with Paramount...capitalism is still terrible

Man, I guess Shazam’s better counter programming then Aquaman but this is both movies now that are going up against monster releases lol. I loved the first movie. 

Edited by cax16
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, cax16 said:

Man, I guess Shazam’s better counter programming then Aquaman but this is both movies now that are going up against monster releases lol. I loved the first movie. 

Yes. Shazam 2 has a much better shot of making money against Avatar. Aquaman 2 would make more money but would be compromised by not having the IMAX screens which won't be a huge issue for Shazam 2.

• Like 2

Other than Black Adam moving to October, I think those are all good (and expectable) changes.

Black Adam is now being sandwiched between Spiderverse and Black Panther (which I know might move, but if it happens, another MCU movie might take it's spot) and it's coming to close to Shazam, General Audiences might think both are too similar. I would have moved Black Adam either to last weekend of August or first of September.

The previous Shazam! made well below $400M worldwide so clearly WB is aware it's not a "big league" IP. Honestly the holidays might benefit it since Christmas is when multiple movies co-exist and now this and I suppose the Chris Pratt Mario movie can serve as alternatives for those who have already seen Avatar 2 and are looking for something else to see during that time off.

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Yes. Shazam 2 has a much better shot of making money against Avatar. Aquaman 2 would make more money but would be compromised by not having the IMAX screens which won't be a huge issue for Shazam 2.

They should at least move it up one week. See Jumanji against ROS

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

The previous Shazam! made well below $400M worldwide so clearly WB is aware it's not a "big league" IP. Honestly the holidays might benefit it since Christmas is when multiple movies co-exist and now this and I suppose the Chris Pratt Mario movie can serve as alternatives for those who have already seen Avatar 2 and are looking for something else to see during that time off.

Has work started on the Mario movie? Feels like the announcement to release time may be a bit too little there.

1 minute ago, grim22 said:

Has work started on the Mario movie? Feels like the announcement to release time may be a bit too little there.

Animated movies are in the works long before they get announced. I would be shocked if it wasn't ready.

5 minutes ago, belblazer said:

I wonder what happened. They looked so happy with these movies after The World Need Heroes teaser.

Can be one small thing having a ripple effect on the entire schedule across the entire studio. If Black Adam needs a week of pickup filming, The Rock's schedule bumps that a month at which point you can't release the movie in mid-September so you push it out another month which in turn hurts the entire lineup.

Aquaman 2 was definitely moved to not clash with Avatar 2, but luckily Shazam 2 is done filming and likely requires less VFX as well and was slotted up to that spot. Flash and Aquaman 2 probably need the longest lead time of the movies due to the amount of work needed on those movies and they are able to slot them later.

Sometimes delays are just delays.

• Like 3