Neo

The Warner Bros. Thread | Will NOT merge with Paramount...capitalism is still terrible

12 hours ago, filmlover said:

They'll want IMAX/PLF screens and Avatar 2 will almost certainly have those on lock throughout the holidays if it stays where it is. They won't want to find themselves in another situation like they did with The Matrix 4 (although I suppose in retrospect that movie was going to have too much stacked against it even if it had been a theatrical exclusive). Still think they should go to late March where they could easily force John Wick into moving away.

I could see WB delaying Aquaman to March and moving up Wonka.

10 hours ago, BruiseCruise said:

Whats going on with supergirl?

They are obviously going to wait and see how people respond to this new iteration of the character that shows up in "The Flash."  If it works, she'll get a solo adventure.  If not, back to the drawing board, I assume.  

4 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

This past weekend has proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that Batman is still WB’s golden goose. I just wish they could give Superman another chance (and no, I don’t think that Ta-Nehisi Coates movie is going to happen). 

Aquaman:

Hold Up Wait A Minute GIF by ABC Network

It really is remarkable how badly they've screwed up Superman for decades. Hasn't been a generally well-received live action movie since 81. NEVER have even gotten Braniac

It's funny how there's all this talk of The Batman's length when the major discourse behind Superman Returns was that it's boring and way too long. And MOS failed to live up to that amazing trailer

Harry Potter is clearly #1 if they could get the OG cast back. Aquamans international prowess in 2018 was immense. If it is replicated in 2022/23, then yeah that is huge. We'll see. Batman is more consistent. 

Superman has so much potential, but it has to be in the right hands. Cant understate it. JJ Abrams would make a megabit, no doubt about it.

2 minutes ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

It really is remarkable how badly they've screwed up Superman for decades. Hasn't been a generally well-received live action movie since 81. NEVER have even gotten Braniac

It's funny how there's all this talk of The Batman's length when the major discourse behind Superman Returns was that it's boring and way too long. And MOS failed to live up to that amazing trailer

They had Superman right in 2003. They had it. The script (Abrams), the director wanting to do it (Abrams), the cast were all right there for them. Nolan made this they think they need to go deeper and darker when audiences will never want that out of Superman.

The only way to do Superman right is incredibly expensive. The scale truly doesn't get bigger. They have to have the fight mind and right script behind it. Snyder was a mess from day 1. 

54 minutes ago, excel1 said:

They had Superman right in 2003. They had it. The script (Abrams), the director wanting to do it (Abrams), the cast were all right there for them. Nolan made this they think they need to go deeper and darker when audiences will never want that out of Superman.

The only way to do Superman right is incredibly expensive. The scale truly doesn't get bigger. They have to have the fight mind and right script behind it. Snyder was a mess from day 1. 

If you read between the lines, it's obvious JJ really wanted to do Superman post Star Wars but WB went ahead with scouting a black director instead. We'll see if it happens. 

You're right. Superman is not a grim brooding character. The Snyder rendition did not work for audiences...ditto Superman Returns which was confusing and off-putting. I think striking a balance of sincerity is tough nowadays when everything is so snarky in mainstream media but Superman needs to be an expensive glossy, bright crowdpleasing property. They were close to this tone with Wonder Woman and Aquaman but both were helmed by filmmakers with passion for character so my hopes are not high for them pulling this off

Edited by BestPicturePlutoNash

3 hours ago, Jonwo said:

I could see WB delaying Aquaman to March and moving up Wonka.

Disney just placing The Haunted Mansion the week before Wonka when the two have considerable audience overlap leaves me with the impression that either 1) one is banking on the other to ultimately move away or 2) word on the street is that WB is moving to another date.

17 hours ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

If you read between the lines, it's obvious JJ really wanted to do Superman post Star Wars but WB went ahead with scouting a black director instead. We'll see if it happens. 

You're right. Superman is not a grim brooding character. The Snyder rendition did not work for audiences...ditto Superman Returns which was confusing and off-putting. I think striking a balance of sincerity is tough nowadays when everything is so snarky in mainstream media but Superman needs to be an expensive glossy, bright crowdpleasing property. They were close to this tone with Wonder Woman and Aquaman but both were helmed by filmmakers with passion for character so my hopes are not high for them pulling this off

Knowing what to do with Lois Lane is like getting 70% of a Superman movie right. Television has made that incredibly obvious, if the Donner films hadn't right off the bat.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Noctis said:

If they get the OG cast back for Potter, you're looking at a $2b+ film EASILY. Most likely will exceed $2.5b.

Ms. Terfy's done her best to permanently repulse large sections of her fandom who won't turn up if they know she'll be profiting from it despite their love for the OG 3. And she isn't going to sell the rights like Lucas so...

Edited by Spidey Freak
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Spidey Freak said:

Ms. Terfy's done her best to permanently repulse large sections of her fandom who won't turn up if they know she'll be profiting from it despite their love for the OG 3. And she isn't going to sell the rights like Lucas so...

The Harry Potter fandom is much larger than Twitter/Reddit… guarantee 99.9% of fans don’t care about that “controversy” 

• Like 2

Internet minority. 

If Secrets does over $400m worldwide, then you can be assured that what she said did not really effect it.

The internet always think they're loud and that reality tilts ever in their favor...you don't have to watch it, baby. 

Mrs. Rowling is a goddamn motherfucking legend who refuses to back down to some of the people who have come up with horrid lies about her.

• Like 1

The vast majority of Potter fans outside of ‘Twitterverse’ don’t even know about her views. It will have a very IMMATERIAL impact  on any future box office revenue. 

Edited by Heretic
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Noctis said:

Mrs. Rowling is a goddamn motherfucking legend who refuses to back down to some of the people who have come up with horrid lies about her.

Whoa alright lets tone it down a bit there. Putting people on a high pedestal that you don't personally know is risky business no matter how much you like their work.

Edited by clockwork
  • Like 4

Just now, clockwork said:

Whoa alright lets tone it down a bit there. Putting people on a high pedestal that you don't personally know is risky business no matter how much you like their work. 

I'm talking about the bullshit RIP JK Rowling shit and where people made up a lot of stuff.