Neo

The Warner Bros. Thread | Will NOT merge with Paramount...capitalism is still terrible

This is probably why,

OTN has heard from trusted sources that Black Adam is set to undergo reshoots. Sources also mentioned that the reshoots will last for quite a while but the timeframe is TBA. We do want to stress that the film has tested positively in and these reshoots are meant to help improve the film’s overall quality.”

• Like 1

Well, at least the DCEU (the one originated by Snyder anyway) gets to live on for another 7 months. I'm guessing Batgirl is also a 2023 release now since it doesn't really work without the context of Flash.

I feel mixed on the Shazam move. On one hand I'm very glad we're getting it this year. Being moved up by half a year is a huge honor these days. That being said, it's still David against James Goliath Cameron. They might be trying to pull a Jumanji here by offering a quirky, family-friendly adventure as an alternative to the big holiday blockbuster. We'll see. At least it's better counterprogramming than Aquaman 2.

Delaying Aquaman was an obvious move. Not much to add there.

• ...wtf 1

1 minute ago, grim22 said:

Can be one small thing having a ripple effect on the entire schedule across the entire studio. If Black Adam needs a week of pickup filming, The Rock's schedule bumps that a month at which point you can't release the movie in mid-September so you push it out another month which in turn hurts the entire lineup.

Aquaman 2 was definitely moved to not clash with Avatar 2, but luckily Shazam 2 is done filming and likely requires less VFX as well and was slotted up to that spot. Flash and Aquaman 2 probably need the longest lead time of the movies due to the amount of work needed on those movies and they are able to slot them later.

Sometimes delays are just delays.

If this is The Rock's fault... I wouldn't doubt. No wonder he was the one announcing the delays.

My god I hate this man.

2 minutes ago, cax16 said:

This is probably why,

OTN has heard from trusted sources that Black Adam is set to undergo reshoots. Sources also mentioned that the reshoots will last for quite a while but the timeframe is TBA. We do want to stress that the film has tested positively in and these reshoots are meant to help improve the film’s overall quality.”

Both Black Adam and Shazam are now close to each other like they were with the original dates planned before covid. They should add something to link both.

18 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Can be one small thing having a ripple effect on the entire schedule across the entire studio. If Black Adam needs a week of pickup filming, The Rock's schedule bumps that a month at which point you can't release the movie in mid-September so you push it out another month which in turn hurts the entire lineup.

Aquaman 2 was definitely moved to not clash with Avatar 2, but luckily Shazam 2 is done filming and likely requires less VFX as well and was slotted up to that spot. Flash and Aquaman 2 probably need the longest lead time of the movies due to the amount of work needed on those movies and they are able to slot them later.

Sometimes delays are just delays.

Maybe it also has to do with the fact that DC had 5 theatrical movies slated for 2022 and only 2 for 2023. Now they have 4 and 3

On 3/7/2022 at 8:52 PM, BruiseCruise said:

DC Black lives on?

I think this is a quite poor response. It's not like they were forced to hire Snyder to start their DC Universe.

They failed horribly and it's a shame they let the universe go now.

Wonder Woman and Aquaman were good movies by incredibly talented filmmakers, but they just didn't fit at all with the tone of Zack Snyder movies. If you aren't able to see this as a supervisor of the whole DC Universe, well...

3 minutes ago, Eric Says Trans Rights said:

How is it his fault that the movie needs some reshoots? He didn't intentionally try to ruin the DC slate or whatever.

He could’ve demanded more time. We’ll never know. 

I can’t imagine him having that much power though.

Delaying Aquaman and Flash does suggest WB wanted to maximise their 2023 slate. 2022 was quite overstuffed with DC films and so this addresses the balance, they still have 2 more live action DC films this year plus an animated one. I wouldn't be surprised if Blue Beetle ends up moving to September or October so there is more of a gap between it and Flash. 

17 minutes ago, belblazer said:

DC in 2023:

Aquaman (March), Flash (June) and Blue Beetle (August). Hopefully Zatanna in November/December. 🙏

Zatanna isn’t happening in Nov or Dec when WB already has Color Purple and Wonka for Christmas. Thanksgiving will probably go Barbie after these summer dates have been set