Neo

The Warner Bros. Thread | Will NOT merge with Paramount...capitalism is still terrible

1 minute ago, Lucas said:

Far more interested in Reeves' handcrafted Batman world than any tired cinematic superhero universes they can make, so kill off the Penguin and Arkham shows and I'm out lol

I don’t think those shows will be cut, it sounded like hbo/max spending is actually going up. But we’ll see what happens. 

3 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Far more interested in Reeves' handcrafted Batman world than any tired cinematic superhero universes they can make, so kill off the Penguin and Arkham (and the animated Batman) shows and I'm out lol

I completely forgot that we were supposed to be getting Batman and Superman animated shows next year. I would assume those are dead now. 

4 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I’m just sitting here thinking that this current mess and confusion regarding DC likely could’ve been avoided if BvS had at least received MoS-level reception. Oh, and it might’ve also helped if they never cast Ezra Miller. 

It would have helped if they had not given the DCU to Zack Snyder, also.

12 minutes ago, reddevil19 said:

Sure, there was a huge element of risk by going out with their own studio, but they still banked on the most recognizable and "cool" characters (Iron Man being a wisecracking Batman - the Bruce Wayne public persona but not just a face) they had available to them. 

They still didn't move to the C list until they had the foundations properly set. 

DC didn't have the disadvantage of not being able to access their A listers, but due to mismanagement it ended up not mattering. 

The gamble could have easily failed, while Iron Man was successful, The Incredible Hulk wasn't but thankfully Iron Man 2, Thor and Captain America were all successful and lead to Avengers being huge. 

Warner Bros was always more focused on Batman to the point where other characters were on the back burner. Green Lantern should have happened a lot sooner IMO and actually even though the box office for the eventual film was terrible, the OW was $53m which showed there was interest in a non Batman or Superman related character.

Just now, cax16 said:

I don’t think those shows will be cut, it sounded like hbo/max spending is actually going up. But we’ll see what happens. 

I think there's a fair chance they'll get to live, but how about the animated Batman: Caped Crusader?

3 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Far more interested in Reeves' handcrafted Batman world than any tired cinematic superhero universes they can make, so kill off the Penguin and Arkham (and the animated Batman) shows and I'm out lol

Oh yes, a Gotham City that looks like any other city and cartoon villains turned into your incels and your everyday Italian movie mobster. The height of imagination.

1 minute ago, WittyUsername said:

I completely forgot that we were supposed to be getting Batman and Superman animated shows next year. I would assume those are dead now. 

I've been really looking forward to the Batman one too (the Superman one was always strange to me lol), would be a shame to see it get the axe.

Just now, Lucas said:

I think there's a fair chance they'll get to live, but how about the animated Batman: Caped Crusader?

I imagine that'll be shared with CN alongside the Superman series.

A lot of the kids content cuts is series that either wasn't great or not associated with WBD IP. 

1 minute ago, Rebeccas said:

So is Wonder Woman 3 happening? What's going on with that project anyways.

That seems safe despite what happened with WW2. Wonder Women is one of the Big Three, and WW2, though a huge dissapointment (despite what some fans say) managed to get it's cost back though is did not make much profit.

I got a feeling, though, that Patti Jenkins will probably be under a little more scrutiny to make sure she does not make the mistakes she  made with WW2.

Just now, Potiki said:

Agreed, source is Reddit. so I take it with a gigantic grain of salt but if it is true hopefully this doesn't fuck with The Batman 2, Peacemaker, Blue Beetle etc. 

I know Gunn said a few days ago that peacemaker and all the other shows he’s working on are part of the dceu or whatever they’re gonna call it. And I don’t think they’re gonna touch anything with Reeves stuff after the Batman tbh.

I assume the biggest changes out of all of this is we’re gonna get a new Batman for the dc universe, it won’t be Keaton. And we’ll definitely have a Superman wether it’s cavill or whatever is still unknown.

I’m actually not totally against using the rock (black adam) as a big bad if it’s true, Black adam is a powerful and menacing character, but it’s all gonna depend on the stories they’re  gonna tell. Also, I think the rock can help sell the movies cause of this popularity but again, if the movies aren’t good, none of that will matter. 

21 minutes ago, AJG said:

So some guy on Reddit mentioned the DC’s 10 year plan a full day ago and got downvoted

https://old.reddit.com/r/DCEUleaks/comments/wedx81/weekly_discussion_thread_posted_every_tuesday/iisop23/

Reminds me of the time I saw a guy on r/movies leak scenes from the Snyder cut years ago and got downvoted because no one believed him.

Someone should tell them that Captain America is already on screen. May 3, 2024

2B463368-8687-4861-8484-3C3A92A5C9C7.jpeg

to quote Dr Strangelove:

image.gif

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Just now, cax16 said:

I’m actually not totally against using the rock (black adam) as a big bad if it’s true, Black adam is a powerful and menacing character, but it’s all gonna depend on the stories they’re  gonna tell. Also, I think the rock can help sell the movies cause of this popularity but again, if the movies aren’t good, none of that will matter. 

The issue is that Black Adam is more anti-hero than villain, he can't really be a Thanos type character. 

The Rock is never playing the big bad lol. He literally requires his movies to have him get punched/hurt a specific number of times and probably requires that his character wins at the end of the movie. The only way this would work is if the final movie of the franchise is something like Infinity War.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

The issue is that Black Adam is more anti-hero than villain, he can't really be a Thanos type character. 

You’re right but they can technically do whatever they want. Not sure you actually need to follow any actual comic arc to make a good movie. 

Edited by cax16
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, lorddemaxus said:

The Rock is never playing the big bad lol. He literally requires his movies to have him get punched/hurt a specific number of times and probably requires that his character wins at the end of the movie. The only way this would work is if the final movie of the franchise is something like Infinity War.

I don’t see why not? He would literally be the centre of attention for years, he would thrive on that. He wouldn’t die or whatever till they had a huge team up. He’s also pretty old already lol. 

40 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

That Lord of the Rings anime movie is getting gutted too, methinks. Especially with the Amazon Prime continuity coming in and causing potential brand confusion. That is an easy cut for Mr. Z.

Isn't that being made so they don't lose the rights to The Hobbit/Lord of the Rings?  I think they need to make LOTR content at least once every 10 years or it opens the door for Amazon to swoop in and get its slimy tentacles all over them.