Neo

The Warner Bros. Thread | Will NOT merge with Paramount...capitalism is still terrible

53 minutes ago, Cappoedameron said:

The new title for Pennyworth, good lord this is embarrassing. Like does WBD think we don't know who Alfred is?

This just in Better Call Saul is now Better Call Saul : The Origin of Walter White's Lawyer...

Oh, its the origin of Batman's Butler? Now I GOTTA see this.

• Haha 7

55 minutes ago, Cappoedameron said:

The new title for Pennyworth, good lord this is embarrassing. Like does WBD think we don't know who Alfred is?

This just in Better Call Saul is now Better Call Saul : The Origin of Walter White's Lawyer...

Pennyworth: Butler Begins….actually that woulda been a good title. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Cappoedameron said:

Everything about the David Zaslav era so far just screams desperation. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cappoedameron said:

What next?

Penguin: The Origin of Batman's Antagonist, Penguin, not the Flightless Bird, Book 1: NOT NARRATED BY MORGAN FREEMAN

This narrative is tiresome. They aren't cancelling projects because they have PoC in them but now that PoC are getting cast a lot more in the lead than before, chances that some projects with them get cancelled go up. Shows and movies with white leads don't go forward all the time and no one notices. It's just the nature of the beast. As is quality. not every movie directed and starring PoC is going to knock it out of the park so no reason to look for motives for bad reviews, poor audience reception etc that aren't there. The more you produce the more you are going to churn out crap no matter who stars in and directs it. 

There's asbolutely no point in posting random click-bait tweets that think they discovered fire when in reality don't know how everything works. 

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 7

I find it hard to believe that cuts of the size that Warners is going to have to make will not iresult in layoffs on the creative staff.

Of the   recent cancellations, I think the Te Nehsi Coates Superman has been pretty much dead for some time.

As a Green Lantern fan, I always thought a GL movie done right would be better then a TV show.

I still think DC has not made up it's mind what do about SUperman. I still am skeptical about Cavilll coming back .

Edited by dudalb

3 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

I’ve had my doubts about the Ta-Nehisi Coates project getting made even before the merger. It always came across as one of those examples of WB throwing ideas at the wall to see what would stick. 

It's seems a lot like what happened with Ava Duvernay and "The New Gods'.....someone primarily known for making project with a very heavy political statement  turned out to be not a good choice for a comic book heor movie.

4 hours ago, dudalb said:

I find it hard to believe that cuts of the size that Warners is going to have to make will not iresult in layoffs on the creative staff.

Of the   recent cancellations, I think the Te Nehsi Coates Superman has been pretty much dead for some time.

As a Green Lantern fan, I always thought a GL movie done right would be better then a TV show.

I still think DC has not made up it's mind what do about SUperman. I still am skeptical about Cavilll coming back .

There will be some, I'm sure, but according to the insider leaks I read, they won't be as severe as we've been afraid. Most "high-level" creative staff who have signed distribution deals with the company after the merger will be staying. 

4 hours ago, eddyxx said:

Static Shock should’ve been on film by now.

It seems like such a no brainer project. 

5 hours ago, Valonqar said:

This narrative is tiresome. They aren't cancelling projects because they have PoC in them but now that PoC are getting cast a lot more in the lead than before, chances that some projects with them get cancelled go up. Shows and movies with white leads don't go forward all the time and no one notices. It's just the nature of the beast. As is quality. not every movie directed and starring PoC is going to knock it out of the park so no reason to look for motives for bad reviews, poor audience reception etc that aren't there. The more you produce the more you are going to churn out crap no matter who stars in and directs it. 

There's asbolutely no point in posting random click-bait tweets that think they discovered fire when in reality don't know how everything works. 

let’s be honest: it’s only glaring here because of the ole Ezra mess and WB letting everybody know the movie is allegedly great (which deconstructing studio hype means it’s ok.) 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NamakFiskKa said:

But Black Panther made the most money after Endgame :Gaga:

But he's a black character by origin in the comics. I think DC is trying to avoid the confusion of having like a black Superman who isn't Clark Kent while also trying to build to a Justice League.