Neo

The Warner Bros. Thread | Will NOT merge with Paramount...capitalism is still terrible

Just now, John Marston said:

Article also says they are considering making JL2 before Gunn/Safran took over

“ And at that time, he was not incorrect. Warner Bros. was indeed developing a sequel for 2013’s Man of Steel and actively meeting with writers. Andy Muschietti, who directed Flash, even expressed interest in sitting behind the camera for something that would have brought a tone similar to the hopeful and heroic colors of the 1978 movie directed by Richard Donner, considered a benchmark in comic book movies. In fact, the current leadership team at Warner Bros Pictures — Michael De Luca and Pamela Abdy — did desire one more go-around of the Snyderverse heroes, possibly even having another Justice League movie with those actors. But that was before Gunn and Safran began formulating their new (and still in flux) plan.”

wonder if it was those two who brought Cavill back 

when rock wanted to have cavill cameo in BA, hamada said no so he circumvented him and went to Luca and Abdy who got it done for him

I'm reminded of when Disney marketed Dark Phoenix as "the conclusion to the X-Men film saga!" when that was never Fox's plan. If WB is actually serious about starting everything over, is James Wan going to pretend in interviews "I always intended The Lost Kingdom to be the end of Arthur's story"?

So did rock pay deadline to make that article or something?

I dont think I've seen a trade announce a film lost money, another trade come out and say it made money and a sequel and spin off is under way, and then another trade say it probably lost money and sequel is unlikely and new management doesnt like rock.

• Like 1

WW3 and Black Adam (lol) shit getting canned seem right. I don't think the whole thing is gonna be rebooted though. Safran was involved in Shazam and Aquaman before he get his current position so I don't see why he would want to can those. Same with the Suicide Squad characters which both of them were involved with (with Gunn clearly wanting to do more with them).

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Ken said:

I'm reminded of when Disney marketed Dark Phoenix as "the conclusion to the X-Men film saga!" when that was never Fox's plan. If WB is actually serious about starting everything over, is James Wan going to pretend in interviews "I always intended The Lost Kingdom to be the end of Arthur's story"?

What a time. IIRC the film was 2-3 weeks from release and they had to wait until just after the merger legally closed to even start rolling those ads. 

3 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

WW3 and Black Adam (lol) shit getting canned seem right. I don't think the whole thing is gonna be rebooted though. Safran was involved in Shazam and Aquaman before he get his current position so I don't see why he would want to can those. Same with the Suicide Squad characters which both of them were involved with (with Gunn clearly wanting to do more with them).

I was gonna say; Gunn clearly stated that he plans to do more with Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn, and his wife happens to play a recurring character in the current DCU. Plus, he liked a recent tweet from Gal Gadot about how she’s excited to continue playing the character. 

Perhaps it’s possible that THR was simply jumping to conclusions, and that the answer really is as simple as “Gunn didn’t like Patty Jenkins’ treatment for Wonder Woman 3?” 

13 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Would be funny if he rebooted every character except his wife from TSS.

• Haha 1

WW3 script was being done since 2020. It was probably self contained like the first 2 and Gunn and Peter want things more connected. Gunn also liked Gal tweets and said that he wants to make more movies with Margot.

I wouldn't mind with a reboot (of the universe itself) but a total reboot including recast for everyone is not only rad but unlikely since Aquaman 2 and Blue Beetle are coming after The Flash. And this would kill the hype for any project next year.

Gunn said that only him and Peter knows about the plans, so we have to wait. I think that they will say something about it between this month or January.

Edited by belblazer
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, belblazer said:

WW3 script was being done since 2020. It was probably self contained like the first 2 and Gunn and Peter want things more connected. Gunn also liked Gal tweets and said that he wants to make more movies with Margot.

I wouldn't mind with a reboot (of the universe itself) but a total reboot including recast for everyone is not only rad but unlikely since Aquaman 2 and Blue Beetle are coming after The Flash.

It does seem like it would be a self-destructive idea to just go “all the movies we have coming out in 2023 don’t matter because it’s all getting rebooted anyway!” 

Plus, isn’t there a second season of Peacemaker in development? 

My question is...

Isn't a reboot the entire function of the coming Flash movie? Of course there's going to be some kind of reboot because that's what that movie exists to do for WB (in the same way that Days of Future Past did for Fox and the X-Men movies).

Edited by Verrows

20 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

It does seem like it would be a self-destructive idea to just go “all the movies we have coming out in 2023 don’t matter because it’s all getting rebooted anyway!” 

Plus, isn’t there a second season of Peacemaker in development? 

Yes. It will start filming until next summer I think + the show focused on Amanda Waller is coming too. Also he had plans to use all JL members in Peacemaker but the budget was too high + there will be more cameos in Peacemaker S2.

12 minutes ago, Verrows said:

My question is...

Isn't a reboot the entire function of the coming Flash movie? Of course there's going to be some kind of reboot because that's what that movie exists to do for WB (in the same way that Days of Future Past did for Fox and the X-Men movies).

It's inspired (no based) on Flashpoint. They will use elements of the story and it's confirmed that the movie will erase some things, add others and start a new universe (at least based on the last test screenings).

It was praised on test screenings and they didn't change anything after the additional scenes that they filmed in May.

Spoiler

There will be cameos from Bataffleck, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Cavill* (basically all JL members minus Cyborg). And they are still in the universe at the end of the movie.

*THR said that he filmed one brief cameo and WB is still thinking if it will make the final cut.

Edited by belblazer