Neo

The Warner Bros. Thread | Will NOT merge with Paramount...capitalism is still terrible

7 minutes ago, Ken said:

Here is WB's slate next year, as it currently stands:

House Party

Magic Mike

Mummies

Shazam

Evil Dead

The Flash

Barbie

The Meg

Blue Beetle

The Nun

Dune

Wonka

The Color Purple

Aquaman

It's definitely more stacked than the last couple of years, with all but one from a recognizable IP: no almost-straight-to-Max Those Who Wish Me Deads nor risky Don't Worry Darlings here. If they all stick to their planned dates, does anyone think WB can climb out of the gutter? Or will these films end up being too unappealing to the masses? Should any of them be delayed?

If the Flash movie is truly as good as the scoopers are claiming, then I could potentially see a scenario where it makes more than The Batman. The big unknown variable in all of this is the Ezra Miller drama, which is a complete wildcard in terms of how it might impact the movie. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WittyUsername said:

If the Flash movie is truly as good as the scoopers are claiming, then I could potentially see a scenario where it makes more than The Batman. The big unknown variable in all of this is the Ezra Miller drama, which is a complete wildcard in terms of how it might impact the movie. 

Which is why it will be fascinating to see how Warner markets the movie. I would bet that you end up seeing a lot of the Flash, but very little if any of Miller withour the mask.

I still maintain he will not return as the Flash no matter what happens with the movie at the box office.He is just too big a risk , and it's lucky that DC can easily replace his Flash with another one.

2 hours ago, Macleod said:

Canceling a show is one thing, but yeah, this "remove from the service" as if it never existed is REALLY not cool.  "Let's remove any trace of it because it might badly affect our balance sheets."  So bizarre and really uncalled for considering all the people that work on these shows.  Creative work is made.  It doesn't always work.  Let it exist for people to watch or ignore or rediscover.  It's a really dangerous media precedent that Zaslav is encouraging.  

And it can't cost that much for them to keep the reruns of the show on streaming. It it cost a lot of money, I  could understand removing it, but this is not the case.

3 hours ago, filmlover said:

How broke are they these days that they can't even keep Westworld on there? I wonder if DVD and other physical media will see a resurgence now that people are figuring out that anything can disappear from a streaming service.

I hope so. It's always better to own stuff than everything being subscription based. That's just my opinion though. My partner and I buy the blu ray for almost every single movie we like. No matter what happens we'll always have them.

It's interesting to finally hear from her on all this.  But nothing is "cleared up."  

Fair reminder that *everyone* is playing their own PR game, here, including Jenkins.  She tells a completely different, vague story than everything else we've been hearing.  Sure, DC is in flux.  Sure, there were scheduling problems.  But how come multiple trade journalists went with the narrative that Jenkins was offered to rewrite and walked away?  Are they all misogynists?  Many powerful men working in Hollywood and Fanboys likely still have "issues" with women filmmakers through pre-existing biases.  And WW84's flopping did this debate no favors.  But I'd like to hope that *some* of these journalists are attempting to curb their biases...  

Gunn also had plenty of opportunities -- since he's not shy in responding to other points over Twitter during the last few weeks -- to deliver a message of support for Jenkins as a woman filmmaker in an industry that still struggles with them, regardless of whether Gunn was planning on directly working with her on Wonder3.  He could have refuted some of the gossip about Jenkins' meetings with Warner Bros. on Wonder3, or at least supported her as a powerful filmmaker in the business...he hasn't.  Other than his own vague "Some of these things are true, some are not so true..." statement.  

He could have diplomatically said "Patty Jenkins is a wonderful filmmaker and I'd be glad/honored to work with her in the future."  He hasn't.  At least, that's what I would have done...other than just "liking" Gadot's Tweet.  

When asked whether he "liked" Cavill, he even said "Sure."  He didn't have to respond at all to that matter...but he did.  

Considering Wonder3 was a project in active development with pre-existing creatives that were well-loved, at least from the first movie, I'd consider the matter more worthy of comment than the Cavill or even Black Adam situations. 

Somewhere in between all this the truth lies...  

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Macleod said:

It's interesting to finally hear from her on all this.  But nothing is "cleared up."  

Fair reminder that *everyone* is playing their own PR game, here, including Jenkins.  She tells a completely different, vague story than everything else we've been hearing.  Sure, DC is in flux.  Sure, there were scheduling problems.  But how come multiple trade journalists went with the narrative that Jenkins was offered to rewrite and walked away?  Are they all misogynists?  Many powerful men working in Hollywood and Fanboys likely still have "issues" with women filmmakers through pre-existing biases.  And WW84's flopping did this debate no favors.  But I'd like to hope that *some* of these journalists are attempting to curb their biases...  

Gunn also had plenty of opportunities -- since he's not shy in responding to other points over Twitter during the last few weeks -- to deliver a message of support for Jenkins as a woman filmmaker in an industry that still struggles with them, regardless of whether Gunn was planning on directly working with her on Wonder3.  He could have refuted some of the gossip about Jenkins' meetings with Warner Bros. on Wonder3, or at least supported her as a powerful filmmaker in the business...he hasn't.  Other than his own vague "Some of these things are true, some are not so true..." statement.  

He could have diplomatically said "Patty Jenkins is a wonderful filmmaker and I'd be glad/honored to work with her in the future."  He hasn't.  At least, that's what I would have done...other than just "liking" Gadot's Tweet.  

When asked whether he "liked" Cavill, he even said "Sure."  He didn't have to respond at all to that matter...but he did.  

Considering Wonder3 was a project in active development with pre-existing creatives that were well-loved, at least from the first movie, I'd consider the matter more worthy of comment than the Cavill or even Black Adam situations. 

Somewhere in between all this the truth lies...  

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Macleod said:

24 minutes ago, cax16 said:

So Gunn reads this forum.... CONFIRMED?!?

Which one of y'alls is Gunn.  FESS UP NOW!!!!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

23 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Yes I’m sure there is no problem with Jenkins. It’s not like she has been involved with a Cleopatra and Star Wars production that have fallen through 

A lot of Lucasfilm productions have “fallen through.” As for Cleopatra, she’s still supposed to be attached to that as a producer.