Neo

The Warner Bros. Thread | Will NOT merge with Paramount...capitalism is still terrible

5 hours ago, belblazer said:

It sure was great news for him.

I wonder if the Lobo thing is true (it was actually a fan cast/theory) or he will remain as Aquaman.

I'm surprised the Snyder bots haven't turned on this guy yet for not pledging undying loyalty to Snyder's vision.

Ok, I realize that people here are probably sick of me being a Negative Nancy, but there’s something I might as well get off my chest. Assuming that James Gunn’s plan is to reboot the DCEU, and recast the entire Justice League, including Wonder Woman and Aquaman, it seems more and more apparent that this wouldn’t apply to TSS and Peacemaker, which I would find to be more than a little vexing.

I would have a certain degree of respect for the decision to do a reboot if Gunn actually committed to it, but if he’s just going to keep the stuff he personally worked on, then that is just plain annoying. Not only would doing that not make any sense in terms of having a cohesive universe (seriously, we even saw Jason Momoa as Aquaman and Ezra Miller as the Flash in Peacemaker), but it would also come across as just a tad unprofessional on Gunn’s part, given that much of the people involved with TSS and Peacemaker happen to have personal connections to him.

To be clear, I’m not saying that Gunn isn’t allowed to put his brother, his wife or his pals in his movies, but if he’s going to be the head of DC Studios, I would hope that he could try to have some sense of professionalism, and not simply do things that would satisfy his own ego. 

Of course, I can concede that we still don’t know what exactly Gunn’s plans are, so I suppose it wouldn’t be fair for me to make any judgments at this stage. I just wish they would hurry up and let us know what’s going on. 

Edited by WittyUsername
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Knock It Off 2

1 hour ago, WittyUsername said:

I just wish they would hurry up and let us know what’s going on. 

Why?

Isn't one of the worst things Gunn could do, or really anyone in a similar position, is to rush into things?  Shouldn't Gunn and co try to get as many ducks in a row and get things finalized before they start doling out info to the public?

I mean, it's hasn't even been (double checks) three months yet since his hiring was made public.

Not.  Even.  Three.  Months.

I just don't get what the impatience here is.

(and, yes, my experience in SW developments might just be coloring things here)

((just a little))

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Why?

Isn't one of the worst things Gunn could do, or really anyone in a similar position, is to rush into things?  Shouldn't Gunn and co try to get as many ducks in a row and get things finalized before they start doling out info to the public?

I mean, it's hasn't even been (double checks) three months yet since his hiring was made public.

Not.  Even.  Three.  Months.

I just don't get what the impatience here is.

(and, yes, my experience in SW developments might just be coloring things here)

((just a little))

I can fully acknowledge being impatient, but in my defense, Gunn did claim we‘d be hearing more about the slate this month. I’m just tired of all the endless speculation and vague statements. 

27 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I can fully acknowledge being impatient, but in my defense, Gunn did claim we‘d be hearing more about the slate this month. I’m just tired of all the endless speculation and vague statements. 

I thought that might be part of it.  The thing is, it sounds like some, if not most, of your frustration is with the entertainment media.  To which I just have to say: There's value in unplugging and just loading up a fav game on Steam (or Origin or Epic or whatever). 👍

No, I mean, I get it.  But at the same time, the changeover at DC is one of the biggest stories in Hollywood right now (especially when paired with WB turmoil) and so of course lots of people inside the biz are gonna be chasing clicks and chasing down half-heard rumors about in flux plans.  They gotta eat too, you know.

But, honestly, the best thing you can do here is just... UNPLUG.  Detach yourself from ALL of the rumors and gossip and then start to pay attention when the actual pressers come out.

Easier said than done (hell, I glance at SW Leaks on a daily basis), I know.  But just recognizing that this is all Palace Intrigue and treating it as such goes a long way to easing the angst. Has for me at least.   Realizing that it is all Hollywood Gossip (and in decent part various factions jockeying for power and influence) and thus not actual news can be a liberating experience.  

Que Sera Sera and all that. 

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 2
  • Heart 1

1 minute ago, poweranimals said:

I would be open to giving him more time if he didn't literally tell us we were getting information this month on the first phase of the new DCU.

Month's not over yet. 

Also, if it's early February... or even late February?  Well development takes time!  Wouldn't be the first Hollywood head that had a timetable slip and absolutely won't be the last.

7 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Month's not over yet. 

Also, if it's early February... or even late February?  Well development takes time!  Wouldn't be the first Hollywood head that had a timetable slip and absolutely won't be the last.

Close enough that they might as well give us a more specific timeframe.

I think a delay is very much possible which is why I'd kinda like a bit more of an update than "this month".

Edited by poweranimals

4 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

Ok, I realize that people here are probably sick of me being a Negative Nancy, but there’s something I might as well get off my chest. Assuming that James Gunn’s plan is to reboot the DCEU, and recast the entire Justice League, including Wonder Woman and Aquaman, it seems more and more apparent that this wouldn’t apply to TSS and Peacemaker, which I would find to be more than a little vexing.

I would have a certain degree of respect for the decision to do a reboot if Gunn actually committed to it, but if he’s just going to keep the stuff he personally worked on, then that is just plain annoying. Not only would doing that not make any sense in terms of having a cohesive universe (seriously, we even saw Jason Momoa as Aquaman and Ezra Miller as the Flash in Peacemaker), but it would also come across as just a tad unprofessional on Gunn’s part, given that much of the people involved with TSS and Peacemaker happen to have personal connections to him.

To be clear, I’m not saying that Gunn isn’t allowed to put his brother, his wife or his pals in his movies, but if he’s going to be the head of DC Studios, I would hope that he could try to have some sense of professionalism, and not simply do things that would satisfy his own ego. 

Of course, I can concede that we still don’t know what exactly Gunn’s plans are, so I suppose it wouldn’t be fair for me to make any judgments at this stage. I just wish they would hurry up and let us know what’s going on. 

We don't know exactly what Gunn's plans are, but he has addressed this

• Like 1

20 hours ago, belblazer said:

It sure was great news for him.

I wonder if the Lobo thing is true (it was actually a fan cast/theory) or he will remain as Aquaman.

Lobo a clone/ghola of Aquabro? Momoa bringing synergy between his DC and Dune roles

13 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

Margot Harley Across The Multiverse

Edited by Spidey Freak

On 1/19/2023 at 8:17 AM, ChipDerby said:

You're allowed to just ignore DC news if you hate the direction (which is unknown!!!) and Gunn so much. lmao

And you are allowed to sitck to DC fanboy websites if you can't stand hearing DC criticised in any way.

This is NOT a fanboy site, with all critcism of DC carefully censored. 

9 minutes ago, dudalb said:

And you are allowed to sitck to DC fanboy websites if you can't stand hearing DC criticised in any way.

This is NOT a fanboy site, with all critcism of DC carefully censored. 

Let us see if you can make 1 positive post about another forum member, an upcoming movie (or anything at all).

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, eddyxx said:

I'm surprised the Snyder bots haven't turned on this guy yet for not pledging undying loyalty to Snyder's vision.

Don’t worry, it already started. They’ll never let us down for a good laugh lol. 

Edited by cax16
  • Haha 1