Neo

The Warner Bros. Thread | Will NOT merge with Paramount...capitalism is still terrible

5 hours ago, Ozymandias said:

Hollywood is becoming such a creative Wasteland.  Harry Potter reboot is a giant el oh el, Lord of the Rings probably isn't far behind.

Me: 100% I agree, so tired of these constant reboots and sequels.

Also me: HEAT 2 SO TRUE LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

For all you WB stans who love yourself some Potter, DC, Clint Eastwood, etc., please contribute to the Top 100 Warner Bros. Movies countdown. You have until June 4 to submit a list to me via PM, but this is a good reminder to get a start and catch up on the movies you love and begin marathoning the classics you haven't seen before.

7 hours ago, TheDude391 said:

This HP show is gonna get memoryholed like Rings of Power did.

This is a completely different situation because it is another adaptation of the iconic book series.

Attempts to do a "new story" would've flopped like The Rings of Power. Or Fantastic Beasts. 

Harry Potter Universe is not made to be expanded. Another adaptation is the only logical option. 

Edited by WeThrones

6 minutes ago, WeThrones said:

This is a completely different situation because it is another adaptation of the iconic book series.

Attempts to do a "new story" would've flopped like The Rings of Power. Or Fantastic Beasts. 

Harry Potter Universe is not made to be expanded. Another adaptation is the only logical option. 

The biggest issue I see is that the movies were the best possible adaptation, they included everything necessary and removed extraneous stuff and most importantly they got the casting so spot on that the actors became iconic for the roles. 

Casting and comparisons to the original cast will be the biggest hurdle this adaptation will have to overcome because anything less than stellar casting will have it feeling like a knockoff.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, grim22 said:

the movies were the best possible adaptation,

I disagree. Movies were never the right medium for this story. But back in 2001 that was the only option. 

Since Game of Thrones, Harry Potter fans hoped for something like this. This is going to be a massive hit.

I agree that casting will be a huge challenge, but I don't think something that can't solved. 

Edited by WeThrones

I’m pretty sure no one asked for a Harry Potter reboot, but a television reboot makes slightly more sense than doing it in movie form. 

I do have to wonder if this is desperation on Rowling’s part. Her company’s profits did take a massive hit recently. 

Harry Potter show is a perfect fit for HBO MAX.

It will go on for 7 seasons and the show will be relatively cheap because it will take place in a school location with no massive battles until the last year.

Also with it being 7 seasons, people will be subscribing for 7 years. Perfect fit for HBO MAX which desperately needs content!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I do have to wonder if this is desperation on Rowling’s part. Her company’s profits did take a massive hit recently. 

You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

Rowling

Lucas

Abrams

• Like 1

I don't think they want to work with Rowling anymore.

Fantastic Beasts is done. This is the only logical move when you think about it. If they do it right it can provide them a decade of content. 

I think it's easier to hire the great cast and make great sets, than to create an amazing story. Fantastic Beasts had a great cast, but the story was a problem.

Cursed Child wasn't popular either. 

Idk. I think there is a greater chance of this show being good than any sequel with the original trio, because the story just isn't there. 

5 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

I’m pretty sure no one asked for a Harry Potter reboot, but a television reboot makes slightly more sense than doing it in movie form. 

I just think it's too soon for a new version of the books.

Yeah, the die hard Potter fans will watch, not so sure the casual fans.

It is just too soon for this.