Neo

The Warner Bros. Thread | Will NOT merge with Paramount...capitalism is still terrible

i can't tell if harry potter will be the biggest tv show ever or another rings of power. maybe it'll be like the mandalorian where it's huge for a year or two and then just kind of become background noise

13 minutes ago, Cappoedameron said:

The faithful adaptation bit seems harsh IMO. Books 1-3 are very faithfully adapted from screen to film.  Book 4 is when they started skipping book content no shock because the books after 3 are well over 700+ pages, so stuff will obviously get skipped.

They have to justify the show’s existence to the public somehow. 

36 minutes ago, AJG said:

I wouldn't wish a 10 year commitment on anyone let alone a child.

Potter movies also had child cast that were around for 10 years, so this isn't new.

Not expecting more than 10 episodes a season, one season for each book.

I guess I'll be the pessimist and say I don't really see this show getting off the ground the way WB hopes. There may be some initial curiosity there but I don't really see a reboot going on for 10 years successfully. They saw them Hogwarts Legacy sales and assumed they could replicate that success on streaming, maybe they can/could but it ultimately feels like more trouble than its worth to me.  Count me out.

Edited by clockwork
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, WittyUsername said:

If they had to rename the service, because they thought the HBO branding was too confusing, could they not have simply picked a different name, like WarnerMax or something? 

Even "Warner Discovery" app name would be a million times better than "Max" as the name. Very dumb branding choice. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TMP said:

The Sympathizer is gonna be fucking gooooood

I read that book (listened to it on audible, i'm too dumb to read) and it's really great. Park Chan Wook gonna kill it for sure. will be nice to see some real acting from RDJ again too.

• Like 1