Neo

The Warner Bros. Thread | Will NOT merge with Paramount...capitalism is still terrible

15 hours ago, 21C said:

TDK came out 3 years after Batman Begins, same amount of time between The Batman and The Batman Part 2. Ridiculous statement lmfao

Alos that Dune and Wonka are based on classic novels, and those mightnot lend themselves well to "Comic Book Uiniverse" style treaments does not register.

As for  ridiculous statement, you get a lot of that around here from a few posters.

13 hours ago, ZattMurdock said:

Hype.

A diverse roster too.

Clear to anybody who can read a business statement that the entertainment industry in general is in for a rough time.

There is a great myth that the film studios were not impacted by the Great Depression. Not true' all the studios instituted severe cost cutting measures in the early Thirties.

9 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Clear to anybody who can read a business statement that the entertainment industry in general is in for a rough time.

There is a great myth that the film studios were not impacted by the Great Depression. Not true' all the studios instituted severe cost cutting measures in the early Thirties.

What does that have to do with the tweet? 

20 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Yeah like… what?! Lol 

3 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Does this mean Gunn can stop posting online so much? 

No. I just need a video explaining what is part of the DCU and what isn’t. I actually like the approach that Gunn is going for this. And I mean, it definitely worked for the Guardians of the Galaxy films.

Casting for Metamorpho was also announced (Anthony Carrigan).

I’m starting to feel like the movie will be overstuffed with cameos, or that Superman might not even be the most interesting character (or even superhero) in a Superman film.

Edited by Speedorito
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, ChipDerby said:

Did you know:

There are 95 cast members in Iron Man. Honestly I can't even remember Iron Man in his own movie!

People don’t seem to grasp the concept that there is a sensible difference of introducing Batman in a second Superman film while he barely was Superman at all and, not only that, make this a faux adaptation of The Dark Knight Returns by "making some comic book panels come to life", a story that famously portrays Superman as a villain translated into a film where both Superman and Batman act like assholes and completely unlike they have always been depicted across all media and not satisfied with that, bring up Wonder Woman in the middle of a battle with Apocalypse and have Superman killed there after being beaten almost to death by Batman that only stopped because both their moms names are Martha. Did I mention that it also introduces Aquaman, Flash and Cyborg sort of like some YouTube cameos and time travel through dreams?

Now THAT’S overkill. That is stretching a film too thin. Superman existing in an world that other less known superheroes also exist isn’t the overkill some of you seem to think, fam.

Edited by ZattMurdock
  • Like 1

It seems more like Superman can’t stand on his own two feet. You can make a movie with a superhero that exists in a world with other superheroes without showing them all. Funnily enough, Iron Man does that.

There should be more than enough material to work with to make Metropolis and Superman interesting on their own. A cameo-fest can work for a movie like Spider-verse and work (to some extent) for something like Multiverse of Madness. It didn’t really work for The Flash, and I’m just saying I’m not sure how much it’ll work for a Superman film and the first film in a cinematic universe.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Speedorito said:

Whoa really? That’s so cool! How many of them were superheroes in that movie?

And I said “least interesting” not “won’t remember Superman exists.” Not everything needs to be taken out of context.

Just because there are other comic book characters in a comic book movie does not mean there will be any less focus on the main protagonist. In a regular movie, does having supporting characters in the film take away from the main character? None of them have superpowers, so they're all on equal footing. (yes! they can!) With any movie the supporting characters can take over a film depending on the writing/acting. 

2 minutes ago, Speedorito said:

It seems more like Superman can’t stand on his own two feet. You can make a movie with a superhero that exists in a world with other superheroes without showing them all. Funnily enough, Iron Man does that.

There should be more than enough material to work with to make Metropolis and Superman interesting on their own. A cameo-fest can work for a movie like Spider-verse and work (to some extent) for something like Multiverse of Madness. It didn’t really work for The Flash, and I’m just saying I’m not sure how much it’ll work for a Superman film and the first film in a cinematic universe.

It feels like the old Sony/Fox/WB formula of making a character the pure center focus in an universe is outdated. Yeah The Batman did well at the box office. Great. What happens 5 to 7 years from now, when Pattinson is too old or doesn’t want to play THE BATMAN anymore? We cast Chalamet and rinse and repeat, this time directed by Greta Gerwig instead for some flavor? 

I’m tired of superheroes ‘standing alone’ in an universe. We are 15 years deep into the MCU, I think the audiences are ready to understand that in this soft reboot, there is a version of the Justice League already established and Superman isn’t even part of it… yet.

Let James Gunn embrace the weirdness of comics, we don’t need him trying to play second hand Richard Donner or even worse, second hand Christopher Nolan. You all can have Elseworlds stories until the general audiences are sick of Batman.

• Like 1

It's interesting that none of the big name heroes are in Superman Legacy. Metamorpho, Mr Terrific, Guy Gardener and Hawkgirl are a way to show that superheroes exist but Superman won't be meeting any of the big names just yet.