Neo

The Warner Bros. Thread | Will NOT merge with Paramount...capitalism is still terrible

2 minutes ago, BruiseCruise said:

Miss me with this cope ass argument, outside of critics and hardcore dc nerds nobody though gunns suicide squad was anything special and the idea that it absolutely bombed cause of a movie from 6 years ago is laughable, even batman begins did half decent despite following up after batman and robin or MOS after superman returns. Also if ayers suicide squad was so awful how did it do so well at the BO without china? Clearly general audiences didn't hate it as much as people online do

Not that ayers movie was good but lets not act like it was morbius or dark phoenix. Internet nerds just overblow a movies reputation when they don't like like say Avatar

The first SS did well largely because of all the pre-release hype it managed to generate. It had the biggest August OW of all time, but its legs were subpar, and it quickly became a laughing stock on the Internet. 

4 minutes ago, BruiseCruise said:

Miss me with this cope ass argument, outside of critics and hardcore dc nerds nobody though gunns suicide squad was anything special and the idea that it absolutely bombed cause of a movie from 6 years ago is laughable, even batman begins did half decent despite following up after batman and robin or MOS after superman returns. Also if ayers suicide squad was so awful how did it do so well at the BO without china? Clearly general audiences didn't hate it as much as people online do

Not that ayers movie was good but lets not act like it was morbius or dark phoenix. Internet nerds just overblow a movies reputation when they don't like like say Avatar

lol sure, you keep thinking this. 

5 minutes ago, BruiseCruise said:

I like how you ignore the awful movie and then say "This argument is not good" before hearing out the argument.

The truth is that the 1-2 punch of BvS and SS hurt the franchise as a whole. Anything else is cope from the Snydercult and Ayer wannabes.

• Like 4

Just now, WittyUsername said:

The first SS did well largely because of all the pre-release hype it managed to generate. It had the biggest August OW of all time, but its legs were subpar, and it quickly became a laughing stock on the Internet. 

It had better multiplier than Civil War and BvS and the internet talking point is a useless argument, most moviegoers aren't film nerds posting their opinions online, they watch, talk for 5 minutes, tell someone it was good or not and move on with their lives

Gunns suicide squad barely made more than Space Jam 2 a family movie, that audience wasn't even coming out last summer, and also had to deal with day and date, that alone should tell you that his movie didn't connect with audiences like people would like to believe

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, grim22 said:

I like how you ignore the awful movie and then say "This argument is not good" before hearing out the argument.

The truth is that the 1-2 punch of BvS and SS hurt the franchise as a whole. Anything else is cope from the Snydercult and Ayer wannabes.

Wonder Woman came after BvS and Aquaman after JL, if they can succeed then Guns SS should have done better. Miss me with those weak ass excuses, Taika Waititi's Raganarok wasn't hurt by Dark World. 

Edited by BruiseCruise
  • Like 2

No argument, keep thinking Gunn created some masterpiece tho

I mean I don’t care what you think of the movie, it means nothing to me. I like what I like, I’m not some teenager who gets offended online by other’s opinions on movies. I don’t know that I’d call it a masterpiece but it’s definitely one of my favourite cbm

You’re welcome to have your opinions on the situation, I just won’t waste time arguing with you cause there’s really no point. 

Edited by cax16
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, BruiseCruise said:

Wonder Woman came after BvS and Aquaman after JL, if they can succeed then Guns SS should have done better. Miss me with those weak ass excuses, Taika Waititi's Raganarok wasn't hurt by Dark World. 

Gunn’s SS not only had the misfortune of being a follow-up to widely disliked movie that was released five years earlier, but it also had pretty subpar marketing, and unlike the first movie, which banked heavily on Will Smith and the Joker, there weren’t really any big hooks it had going for it. That’s on top of the day and date release. Also, the title might not have done it many favors either. 

• Like 1

I'm shocked re Batgirl but I feel this confirms that HBO Max is dunzo for the most part (maybe except for the rumored unscripted reality programming).

On 8/2/2022 at 2:10 PM, abracadabra1998 said:

Getting rid of HBO Max when it's finally seen in the minds of the general audience as the premier streamer and right off having the most Emmy nominations of any studio is... a choice.

Zaslav said Fuck 'em Emmies!

TBF tho the HBO shows like Succession, Euphoria, The White Lotus, Westworld and the GOTverse pull in sufficient Emmy noms by themselves. I'm thinking well-received HBO Originals like Hacks will now survive and be transitioned to HBO.

2 minutes ago, BruiseCruise said:

No argument, keep thinking Gunn created some masterpiece tho

He did tho...

Just because it didn't make money doesn't mean is bad lol

The first one was hated, DC brand is a rollercoaster these days, marketing was average, the movie was Rated R, isn't exactly the 4-quadrant type of blockbuster that pleases everyone and also drop on HBO Max. 

We all know the result commercially, and this doesn't have anything to do with quality since it's one of the best received DC project in the past decade (and it did very well on HBO Max).

• Like 2

"Miss me with the weak ass excuses" he says while sucking up to and making excuses for Snydercult.

Wonder Woman and Aquaman opened lower thanks to BvS and JL, but then they were actual good movies unlike the Snyder shit and the Ayer tryhardiness and gained great legs. SS could have done the same if not for HBO Max. 

And Raganarok was a complete departure from TDW whereas SS didn't tonally look different. 

The bottomline - SNYDER killed the DCEU initially and everything since then is helping recover from that. Ayer's movie was better than BvS but still awful and didn't help SS going forward. The next SS will do much better coming off a much better movie.

You clearly haven't heard of "Sins of the father"

Let me predict your next comment - "that is a weak ass excuse" - there, i saved you typing time you Snyderbot.

• ...wtf 1

32 minutes ago, Cappoedameron said:

So this is interesting - if nothing else, saying the film was "far from finished", meant that serious money was probably still needed to finish this film and/or it was not good.  And this is stated by the directors, so maybe the decision wasn't so bad, at least from a money perspective.

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

I'm shocked re Batgirl but I feel this confirms that HBO Max is dunzo for the most part (maybe except for the rumored unscripted reality programming).

TBF tho the HBO shows like Succession, Euphoria, The White Lotus, Westworld and the GOTverse pull in sufficient Emmy noms by themselves. I'm thinking well-received HBO Originals like Hacks will now survive and be transitioned to HBO.

Scrapping a popular streaming service in favor of reality TV and an aging premium cable network is certainly a choice.

14 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

This is almost certainly what will happen. Projects like The Staircase, The Flight Attendant, etc. are all the kinds of shows that easily would've fit perfectly within HBO's brand of quality television and should've premiered there instead of being touted as streaming exclusives (which only makes it clear that their overall goals for the streaming service were scattershot from the beginning). The DC projects don't fit in with that brand though so who knows what will become of them.

5 minutes ago, filmlover said:

This is almost certainly what will happen. Projects like The Staircase, The Flight Attendant, etc. are all the kinds of shows that easily would've fit perfectly within HBO's brand of quality television and should've premiered there instead of being touted as streaming exclusives (which only makes it clear that their overall goals for the streaming service were scattershot from the beginning). The DC projects don't fit in with that brand though so who knows what will become of them.

The new Gossip Girl, PLL Original Sin, and Sex Life have all been very well received so it won't surprise me if those all go to HBO as well. Let's not forget HBO has Euphoria so it's not like none of these shows match the same demographic as Euphoria.

Also the new PLL show is actually really damn good. I never watched the original nor will I but it's got the feel of a retro slasher film so I'm definitely interested to see it continue.

Our Flags Mean Death also got renewed prior to this news so I don't think they will take that back either.

The DC shows like Titans and Peacemaker will probably all just become HBO originals.

Edited by Cappoedameron

News from DC Comics (The actual comic book publisher).

People at DC Comics don't know a thing; they are clicking refresh like the rest of us. They are, however, resigned to having to can or deprioritise a bunch of planned Batgirl comic book projects to coincide with the movie's release next year. And probably Blue Beetle as well; they are just waiting to be told, so what's going on?

But Warner Bros. will be spending money on big bonuses for the talent involved with Batgirl to make up for no release, to keep them spouting off on social media or in interviews. Shame they didn't do that for Scoob! though. Or maybe writers don't count.

https://bleedingcool.com/movies/warner-bros-gossip-batgirl-talent-paid-off-with-bonuses/

• Sad 1