Neo

The Warner Bros. Thread | Will NOT merge with Paramount...capitalism is still terrible

5 hours ago, kayumanggi said:

The movies also left out a lot from the books. I hope I'd still be alive when the series gets released. 😅

That is the only valid reason I can see for doing this.

Book 4LThe Golden Phoenix in particular suffered from the cuts.

I hope they include the usually clever Hermoine making a fool of herself with SPEW, the organziation she forms to try to liberate the House Elves.

And I think the appeal to the GA of what amounts to a remake of the Potter novels is really being overesitmated by a lot of people here.

I really doubt it will be bigger then the Sopranos or Game of Thrones.

Edited by dudalb

12 hours ago, Eric is Gay for Bowser said:

For all you WB stans who love yourself some Potter, DC, Clint Eastwood, etc., please contribute to the Top 100 Warner Bros. Movies countdown. You have until June 4 to submit a list to me via PM, but this is a good reminder to get a start and catch up on the movies you love and begin marathoning the classics you haven't seen before.

I will be boosting Errol Flynn, James Cagney and the Golden Age Warners Films.

7 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Can't wait for hour long Quidditch matches and sorting hat scenes.

I just think this seems pretty desperate to keep the cash cow alive.

Yeah, the die hard Potter fans will be excited, I just am not sure the GA will get excited.

17 minutes ago, dudalb said:

I just think this seems pretty desperate to keep the cash cow alive.

Yeah, the die hard Potter fans will be excited, I just am not sure the GA will get excited.

Actually the book fans which are huge could be excited with a deeper look at the books. There is potential for sure. But most probably this would be poorly made and so wont work. Plus Zaslav would want to make it cheap and that wont work at all. 

12 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Actually the book fans which are huge could be excited with a deeper look at the books. There is potential for sure. But most probably this would be poorly made and so wont work. Plus Zaslav would want to make it cheap and that wont work at all. 

There’s zero chance if they make this they aren’t pumping huge money into this, HBO won’t put out something that bad imo. I don’t care about the show or anything but I guarantee it will be well made and cost a lot. 

• Like 2

On 12/28/2022 at 8:23 PM, John Marston said:

A reboot of HP is not unlikely at all and will happen one day. The Fantastic Beasts series is dead, the follow up to the HP, Cursed  Child, was widely panned, and the original cast probably don’t Want to work with Rowling anymore due to her views. A reboot with new actors will probably happen sooner than people think 

Thor I Knew It GIF - Thor I Knew It Thought So - Discover & Share GIFs

Though I thought it would be a new set of movies rather than a TV show though. A reboot is the only option for a studio to take advantage of the HP series

1. The Fantastic Beasts series died

2. There isn't enough detailed lore to make loads of spin offs (unlike Game of Thrones or Lord of the Rings even)

3. The original cast wouldn't want to return

4. Cursed Child was a dumpster fire

A reboot with new actors looking for their big break was their only options. Still if they are smart they would keep the John Williams theme and some of the aesthetics of the movies. 

• Like 1

It's not too soon at all. It's been 22 years since the first movie. By the time this show airs it will be 25 years at least.

And by the time it ends it will probably be 25 years since DH Part 2 

It's actually a perfect moment to capture a new generation of fans. Waiting another decade for no reason won't bring them anything 

10 hours ago, John Marston said:

Thor I Knew It GIF - Thor I Knew It Thought So - Discover & Share GIFs

Though I thought it would be a new set of movies rather than a TV show though. A reboot is the only option for a studio to take advantage of the HP series

1. The Fantastic Beasts series died

2. There isn't enough detailed lore to make loads of spin offs (unlike Game of Thrones or Lord of the Rings even)

3. The original cast wouldn't want to return

4. Cursed Child was a dumpster fire

A reboot with new actors looking for their big break was their only options. Still if they are smart they would keep the John Williams theme and some of the aesthetics of the movies. 

I agree with everything.

We keep hearing how this is a huge world with many possibilities but any attempt to actually expand on the original story wasn't popular. 

And making a TV show is what is giving creative excuse for this - "now we can adapt the story more faithfully and add nuances that were lost in the movies".