Neo

The Warner Bros. Thread | Will NOT merge with Paramount...capitalism is still terrible

19 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Too soon and expensive for Amazon after MGM. 

Netflix could do it if they want to have their cake and eat it too with theatrical 

And Amazon is like Disney; any more big acquisitons would create severe anti trust problems. 

1 hour ago, ChipDerby said:

In regards to WW84, I'm in the camp that it would have had a much better reception had it released exclusively in theaters. I think the beginning of people watching things at home really hurt the film. Whereas if you're watching it in the theater, it's a spectacle and having a great time at the theater can mask over some minor issues. (yes it still would've been critiqued the way it was, but I doubt it would've been as immediate as it was)

TSS grossing what it did was a travesty. 

Yeah WW84 is not a bad movie. The only criticisms are nitpicky plotholes that don't matter

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chaz said:

Would someone explain to me how “capitalism is terrible” is actually a thing on a box office forum? 😂 Capitalism is the whole reason a box office exists.

Because being violently anti capaitlist is the cool and hip thing to be nowdays.

I still am waiting for the people who want to get rid of private companies to explain what exactly would replace them..something beyond glittering generalaties.

We have tried the "Government owns everything" solution, and it failed every time it was tried.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, HummingLemon496 said:

Yeah WW84 is not a bad movie. The only criticisms are nitpicky plotholes that don't matter

Every film has it fanboys/defenders.

That does not change the way that WW84 was received.

I also think a movie's legs will skew the overall belief if a movie "broke even" or not (even if it doesn't technically change anything). 

Let's say movie A opens to $100M worldwide and finishes at $450M WW (4.5x legs) on a $200M budget

Now let's say movie B opens to $225M worldwide and finishes at $450M WW (2.0x legs) on a $200M budget

The reaction to movie B will be "It didn't reach 2.5x so therefore it's definitely a failure/money-losing flop" whereas the reaction to movie A will be "It's close enough to the point where it's going to break even and make a profit with ancillaries."

Two wildly different reactions even though they grossed the exact same on the exact same budget. 

Look at the reaction to a certain movie that came out in December 2023 to prove what I mean ;)

Edited by HummingLemon496
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, HummingLemon496 said:

I also think a movie's legs will skew the overall belief if a movie "broke even" or not (even if it doesn't technically change anything). 

Let's say movie A opens to $100M worldwide and finishes at $450M WW (4.5x legs) on a $200M budget

Now let's say movie B opens to $225M worldwide and finishes at $450M WW (2.0x legs) on a $200M budget

The reaction to movie B will be "It didn't reach 2.5x so therefore it's definitely a failure/money-losing flop" whereas the reaction to movie A will be "It's close enough to the point where it's going to break even and make a profit with ancillaries."

Two wildly different reactions even though they grossed the exact same on the exact same budget. 

Look at the reaction to a certain movie that came out in December 2023 to prove what I mean ;)

You don't say, you absolutely haven't been making this same post over and over both here and on Reddit. This is brand new information.

I know you are sad you can't troll Aquaman 2 in terms of it's total and legs, but this is kind of getting pathetic.

• Like 2
  • Astonished 1

22 minutes ago, grim22 said:

You don't say, you absolutely haven't been making this same post over and over both here and on Reddit. This is brand new information.

I know you are sad you can't troll Aquaman 2 in terms of it's total and legs, but this is kind of getting pathetic.

Someone on Reddit said "They still spent $100M in marketing, they didn't sent it out to die, the release date was great, the marketing was there, it just flopped" and they got downvoted.

He got downvoted for not going along with the circlejerk that WB spent $0 marketing the movie (there are people who actually said they spent $0 marketing the movie and have a ton of upvotes). 

• He got downvoted for saying true facts
  • He downvoted for unbiased commentary

Stuff like this is why I regurgitate the same information over and over again 

1 hour ago, HummingLemon496 said:

Someone on Reddit said "They still spent $100M in marketing, they didn't sent it out to die, the release date was great, the marketing was there, it just flopped" and they got downvoted.

He got downvoted for not going along with the circlejerk that WB spent $0 marketing the movie (there are people who actually said they spent $0 marketing the movie and have a ton of upvotes). 

• He got downvoted for saying true facts
  • He downvoted for unbiased commentary

Stuff like this is why I regurgitate the same information over and over again 

That's not why you do that, you do that hoping that you get to troll and circlejerk. This isn't even a DC thread, it's the overall WB one and I don't think there's a single post about WB movies outside Aquaman 2 from you in here. 

It's pretty classic trolling.

• Like 2
  • Astonished 1

36 minutes ago, grim22 said:

That's not why you do that, you do that hoping that you get to troll and circlejerk. This isn't even a DC thread, it's the overall WB one and I don't think there's a single post about WB movies outside Aquaman 2 from you in here. 

It's pretty classic trolling.

Someone needs to stand up against oppression and lies :ohmyzod:

• Thanks 1

Or just go to reddit.

There are movies that are easily identifiable as financial successes, and movies that are easily identifiable financial losses. Anything that's in that mid-tier you will never know if it was a loss/gain, because they're never going to give you the details you want to make that judgment. That's always been the case, and it will always remain the case. I'm not interested in how much profit a movie made, I'm interested in the movie, and its box office gross in comparison to other films.

• Like 3

On 2/27/2024 at 5:21 PM, HummingLemon496 said:

Yeah it had bad reception no doubt, I just think the hate is WAY overblown. 

The Hate Always gets overblown. But I still think WW84 was a big dissapointment. Not wnyehere near as good as the first film.

One major reason in the main villian just does not work very well. Thugh Wigg as Cheetah was really good.

On 2/27/2024 at 11:36 PM, grim22 said:

I think his dismissal of the anybody who did not like WW84 as a 'Nitpicker" says a lot.

I have no quarrel with people liking any  movie, but when they try to prove a badly received movie was somehow "Popular" i have to laugh a little.

I loved the first Wonder Woman, but was really disspaointed in WW84.

Edited by dudalb
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, dudalb said:

I think his dismissal of the anybody who did not like WW84 as a 'Nitpicker" says a lot.

I have no quarrel with people liking any  movie, but when they try to prove a badly received movie was somehow "Popular" i have to laugh a little.

I loved the first Wonder Woman, but was really disspaointed in WW84.

The movie is just mediocre, the excessively toxic hatred it gets is just straight up ridiculous. 58% RT and B+ CinemaScore is just mixed, the internet acts like it's Morbius levels of panned

But yeah the mod said to stop the DC fighting so let's just agree to drop this