Neo

The Warner Bros. Thread | Will NOT merge with Paramount...capitalism is still terrible

Nah but for real can we talk about this

Man of Steel through Aquaman average out to $320M domestic and $818M WW

Shazam through Aquaman 2 average out to $95M domestic and $228M WW

Incredible, truly incredible. 

Blow Your Mind Wow GIF by Product Hunt

Edited by HummingLemon496
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, HummingLemon496 said:

Let's be honest definitely did

Aquaman 2 only made $176M in revenue against a production + marketing budget of $305M, which is ~58%

If Aquaman 2 "broke even and made a profit" (which it didn't), here is the adjusted break even point for other major blockbusters (using their DOM/OS/China split) along with their production budget + marketing budget

The Batman - $437M ($200M production + $140M marketing)

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever - $498M ($250M production + $135M marketing)

Thor: Love and Thunder - $534M ($250M production + $160M marketing)

The Little Mermaid - $500M ($250M production + $140M marketing)

Black Adam - $400M ($195M production + $100M marketing according to Deadline)

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 - $560M ($250M production + $163M marketing assuming the same as Vol. 2)

Hollywood accounting is very, very opaque and confusing so none of this matters in the end, but the movie should add another 100 mil or so in ancillaries. Will be in the red by a couple million and probably closer to breaking even than The Color Purple

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

I have feeling this merger didn't go through because WB now has eyes on a bigger merger

Comcast-WB gonna be the end of hollywood lol. Somehow a merger even worse than Disney-Fox in terms of swallowing up market share. I don’t doubt Zaslav has the naked ambition to attempt something like this at all

• Like 2

21 hours ago, HummingLemon496 said:

Nah but for real can we talk about this

Man of Steel through Aquaman average out to $320M domestic and $818M WW

Shazam through Aquaman 2 average out to $95M domestic and $228M WW

Incredible, truly incredible. 

Blow Your Mind Wow GIF by Product Hunt

Nah we good. Snyder bros talk about it all day every day on the bird app, completely disregarding the pandemic, day and date releases on Max and the Gunnverse announcement

• Like 1

Maybe someone can explain this to me, but if Zaslav’s plan is to sell off WB, why exactly was he considering a merger with Paramount? As far as I’m aware, that merger wasn’t going to be a simple case of Paramount buying WB (they didn't have the cash for that), so what was that all about? 

1 minute ago, WittyUsername said:

Maybe someone can explain this to me, but if Zaslav’s plan is to sell off WB, why exactly was he considering a merger with Paramount? As far as I’m aware, that merger wasn’t going to be a simple case of Paramount buying WB (they didn't have the cash for that), so what was that all about? 

They both demonstrated their intent to sell themselves. That's all it was. There was a reason why you didn't see 2 dozen articles clog up the trade sites with speculation about this "potential" merger.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

It would have been Warner buying Paramount, and then eventually attempt to sell the combined company to Comcast or Apple or whoever.