64 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

I agree with others saying that they would've liked a little more development on the characters, but it's still a brilliant film and it's tense as shit when they were at the airport or in the market place or something. I think I was actually sweating. :lol:Also my favourite line was when Bryan Cranston said those CIA guys were like "those two old fucks from The Muppets" I remembered the line when I was driving home and LMAO'd

• Like 3

• Community Manager

A film with a ridiculous and impossible to believe plot that is based on real events. The movie manages to build tension will and it is able to tell a realistic version of the events. Sadly, the film lacks any significant character development and I found myself detached with most of the hostages. If the film had been able to focus itself more on the hostages and on Mendez then it would have been a much better movie.

Oh, and the sound is amazing in this movie.

B+

The story was the main character here I think. In fact when they tried to show Mendez's backstory (kicked out of the house, has a kid, yadda yadda yadda) I found Argo to be less convincing. The characters were engaging and entertaining... that's what they needed to be. Pausing to delve into each actor would have rung false.

• Like 1

Very well made film and a great effort by Ben Affleck....Just keep doing this for the rest of your life and people will hold you in deep respect.Lol he went from Gigli to Argo in 9 years lol... How careers can changed...Its nice too see him what he actually likes doing.His films are more well liked by the general audiences then by the Hollywood crowd.Heard tons of raves from my friends and family about The Town and Argo.A-

Argo is an expertly made movie, with probably the best dialogue of 2012. Its exciting, well-shot, amazingly edited and constructed, and its overall a good watch. Yet.. I dont think I'm as in love with it as everyone else. While I still really enjoyed Argo (its certainly never boring) there never really was a point where I was like "WOW! This is amazing". And this is blasphemy, but I actually found the ending at the airport kinda lackluster. I dont think its a movie I'll revisit too many times, but I will see it again at the theater.

BTW, when they show the real people the movie was based on during the ending credits, I went "wow, they really got actors that looked like the real people"

In the end, its yet another good movie from Ben Affleck. Who would have known he would become one of the most interesting directors around?

4/5

This is the best film I've seen so far this year, and it's not even close. The audience applauded when the jet cleared Iranian airspace and again when the credits rolled...at a matinee, on Tuesday, in mid-Michigan. That just doesn't happen.A

That happened at my screening today. And when the tower told the flight they were number 2 for takeoff you should have heard groans and oh God's

absolutely great movie with very solid acting all around...

i give it an A+

i'm just glad its over, i couldnt take it anymore the suspense was killing me, from the get go the action has you on the edge of your seat biting your fingers, i could hear my heart thumping fast and i was literally trembling the whole time!

i had to pause the film twice and go for a walk around the house when the situation felt like it was going to blow up in their faces, i went on wikipedia to check out the story of the hostage crisis , then near the end during my second pause i checked out a map of iran !

i don't know how they did it but if i were in the shoes of those people i'd have fainted after peeing myself due to hysteria!

on a more serious note sometimes when you mesh two ideas together they don't gel and crumble faster than a souffle say "cowboys and aliens" but this movie industry/hollywood and a political international crisis made for a great combo,it gaves the film a great buzz with the based on a real story

may i just say now more than ever ben affleck was robbed at the oscars for best director, before i was just basing that on his previous efforts  esp "the town" which i liked and thought was really well done !

i could live with this movie winning best picture even if my personal pick is "les miserables"

Edited by ladyevenstar22
  • Like 1