Neo

Blade Runner 2049 | October 6, 2017 | Villeneuve directs | Full Trailer on Page 40

5 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Fucking Kevin.

Actually this is Alcon producing. WB and Fox are distributing. Alcon is known to overspend on everything, they made that Johnny Depp AI movie for 150M and Point Break remake for 110M. No wonder Alcon is losing money everywhere. WB will even get a distribution fee out of this arrangement. Alcon might actually go bankrupt soon if they don't start reining in budgets.

In the world of worst ideas, this movie really takes the podium.

What made the first one special will not be present here at all.

Blade Runner was a weird, contemplative, dark, depressing & visually stunning mood piece that woud make next to zero bucks if released these days.

On 2016-10-22 at 3:06 AM, robertman2 said:

If I got a good Halo movie out of a wave of early 2000s nostalgia, I'd be happy. Even more so if Melee HD became a thing

I for the life of me don't understand the craving for a HD version of Melee.

A Smash Bros. game building on Melee's gameplay sure, but what is there to gain from a straight HD version?

8 minutes ago, cookie said:

I for the life of me don't understand the craving for a HD version of Melee.

A Smash Bros. game building on Melee's gameplay sure, but what is there to gain from a straight HD version?

What isn't there to gain from a Melee HD?

:qotd:

Spoiler

Honestly though, most people I know use it as a joke. I wouldn't mind it as a side game to bide the wait for Smash 5.

17 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

In the world of worst ideas, this movie really takes the podium.

What made the first one special will not be present here at all.

Blade Runner was a weird, contemplative, dark, depressing & visually stunning mood piece that woud make next to zero bucks if released these days.

It made next to zero bucks back in the days. Well, almost.

I bet the sequel will outgross it adjusted for inflation. Of course it'll also cost more by a huge margin...

52 minutes ago, antovolk said:

extremely dumb of them to spend so much. I love Denis and his films, but this is just not smart at all. The last time a sequel to a 20+ year old movie was made on similar budget with great marketing but still flopped was Tron 2. If they really think this will become some massive 600+ boxoffice hit then they are fooling themselves. Only Chris Nolan can do it because he is a brand name and his movies get over praised. Yes even Interstellar which doesn't deserve 70+ rt. More like sub 50.

• Like 1

Phillip K. Dick must be rolling in his grave wishing he had died in an alternate reality in which he never wrote "Do androids dream of electric sheep?"  in order to prevent it from being sold to Hollywood producers out to franchise the shit out of it.

Edited by dashrendar44

My first blind prediction would be something like 115-135m DOM (with an OW in the mid-30s and solid legs) and low 300s WW. 

If marketing is really striking and the film itself does justice to the original (certainly possible with this creative team) I could see it pulling a Fury Road - a low-to-mid-40s OW, up to 150 DOM, 350-400 WW. Of course there's an off chance that it could either explode or leave most of the GA uninterested, which immediately takes me back to the fact that we still don't really know shit.

Unlike everyone up above, though, I am excited about the budget if it's true. I trust Villeneuve and Deakins too much to be suspicious about them working on that kind of scale. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

Unlike everyone up above, though, I am excited about the budget if it's true. I trust Villeneuve and Deakins too much to be suspicious about them working on that kind of scale. 

Right? Big budget is a good thing, for us. Maybe not for the studio.

• Like 1