Gopher

Weekend Numbers (starts pg19) Taken2 22.5, Argo 20.2 mill

One thing that I didn't really get about Cabin in the Woods: were the teens in a horror movie within the movie? Then its kinda like Truman Show when the virgin and the fool escape from the movie into the real world. Or something.

Then you didn't get anyhting about the movie, at all.They were being sacificed to the gods under the facility below the cabin. It had to be controlled so they could make sure it would go smoothly, but they failed.
  • Like 1

There were so many things to like about this but one of my favourites was when Affleck asks one of the Americans,

"Where were you born?"

"TorONTO."

"Don't say ToronTO. You say ToronO. Canadians don't pronounce the T."

"Do minute details really matter like that? Is an Iranian interrogator really going to pick up on that?"

"When you are being interrogated, they will bring in someone who knows that."

The script is perfect. It is one of the best written films I've ever been privy to watching. Not just because of a scene that is so true like this one, but because all the scenes are like this. I really hope this wins best screenplay. Such a marvelous piece of writing.

• Like 2

More and more I think Skyfall will open to $80M. It's getting good reviews

Javier Bardem’s Raoul Silva, who must immediately rank as one of Bond’s greatest villains. I can pay him no higher compliment than by drawing comparisons with Heath Ledger’s rendition of The Joker.