Tower

Weekend estimates (11-02/04-12)(starting pg 15)

I'll post the top 10 (new releases in Bold)

1. Wreck-It Ralph - $49,100,000

2. Flight - $25,010,000

3. Argo - $10,245,000 (-15%)

4. The Man With the Iron Fists - $8,219,000

5. Taken 2 - $6,000,000 (-22%)

6. Cloud Atlas - $5,250,000 (-45%)

7. Hotel Transylvania - $4,250,000 (-52%)

8. Paranormal Activity 4 - $4,300,000 (-49%)

9. Here Comes The Boom - $3,600,000 (-31%)

10. Silent Hill: Revelation 3D - $3,300,000 (-59%)

Those are some massive increases for Skyfall vs Quantum in Europe. Is that an indication of being overly front loaded or will it last?

So far in places where it opened last week it held much better than QOS.

How many films have made 800 mill internationally?I'll save you the time of looking it up. There are 5 and one of them is not 3D. There is 0% chance Skyfall makes 800 mill internationally and a billion WW.

A week ago there was a 0% chance Skyfall would be the highest grossing movie in the UK.

Very strong weekend overall. Wow for Flight at that TC. Denzel would've nabbed his highest OW ever I think with a proper release. Was hoping Ralph could hit my $55m mark or OW but 50m is still great and I think it pretty much locks 200. Argo is having the killer WOM I thought it would. Its holds have been insane.

Early November animated movies usually don't get great legs. It also has competition from ROTG so any business after Thanksgiving will be minimal.

Most Nov animated movies don't get amazing WOM. And the last time one did get good WOM (Tangled) it got a 4.2x multi. At the very least WIR will have Tangled WOM, I think better.
  • Like 1

Most Nov animated movies don't get amazing WOM. And the last time one did get good WOM (Tangled) it got a 4.2x multi. At the very least WIR will have Tangled WOM, I think better.

Tangled opened during Thanksgiving, so it could benefit from Winter break. This will be dead by then and the early November weekdays will be too weak to support a massive gross.

Great opening for Wreck-It Ralph and well deserved. Hopefully it will have a very good hold next weekend and continue to hold well throughout the holidays. It should land anywhere from $175-205 million depending on legs.

And wow, great job for Flight as well. $25 million from less than 2000 theaters. I'm thinking this is going to hold very well as more theaters add it.

Edited by Dekunova