A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Oppenheimer-August 30

206M presales at midnight. 16% increase compared to yesterday. Should translate to at least 35% Sat increase.... but who knows.....

BTW what happened to the Sunday presales... I swear i remember it being over 70M... it was close to 74M last I saw.

1 minute ago, POTUS said:

how do you know.

we thought FF8 was 385m for a few hours

Okay you are right, it might be wrong but I think it's beter to asume it's $71m till we get conformation from Maoyan.

1 minute ago, Fake said:

206M presales at midnight. 16% increase compared to yesterday. Should translate to at least 35% Sat increase.... but who knows.....

BTW what happened to the Sunday presales... I swear i remember it being over 70M... it was close to 74M last I saw.

yes it was over 70m

2 minutes ago, Amrwael22 said:

People here especially in the China thread make alot of effort to predict numbers based on presales and other movies with the same trend, Actuals being over or under their predictions is not their fault it's just how Box Office works.. 

Pretty agree. What happened two weeks ago, after knowing midnights in US? and later OD? OW was dead. What happened at the end? Just a few had been able to match the correct result even being all of us way more "experts" about the US market.

Chinese market is developing and expanding continuously and the models are not stable enough to give an accurate prediction in such monstruous openings like this.

I have been following presales thread from the beginning and I will continue doing it. It gives fun, knowledge and RESPECT, something sadly lost during last days. I guess it will happen with every so-fan-driven film like IW.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, Fake said:

They adjusted it with lower ticket price

3 minutes ago, Fake said:

Could you please elaborate? Are Sunday ticket prices lower than Saturday? Or you mean something else?

They used an average price as high as 49 yuan for Sunday, and actual ATP is way lower, so they adjusted down Sunday PS.

Friday ATP 39.5yuan 

Sunday 42 yuan will drop to under 40

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, HouseOfTheSun said:

This has got to be the most negative atmosphere around an OW record ever on this forum. 

You should check the international thread. People are calling it huge disappointment.

The anti fans are basically jerking each other off over there.

37 minutes ago, POTUS said:

how do you know.

we thought FF8 was 385m for a few hours

He gets his numbers from 电影票房...that is THE source for BO numbers and actuals rarely fluctuate drastically from that. EntGroup is often the least accurate. You can hope, but...