A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Oppenheimer-August 30

still could wait to see how it would do tomorrow. But according to the opening day performance, it's fair to say enthusiasm for Hollywood is obviously lower than previous level no matter for what reasons(piracy or patriotism). Maybe some Marvel movies could improve something or give a more convinced test, we probably would never know that after Disney announced the new release model of BW.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Cookson said:

Well this is a turn of events. I was thinking 200m usd was in the bag for this but might not even hit 150

150 seems almost impossible atp

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, fmpro said:

150 seems almost impossible atp

but then there's no film in next 1 month, so may be it get the run. the next big film is on Labor day I believe.

Re slow start, I would have said that may be previous film being shit is catching up, but then pre-sales were quite good, that means audience interest was there. The bets explanation I can think of is HBO Max.

Edited by charlie Jatinder

9 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

but then there's no film in next 1 month, so may be it get the run. the next big film is on Labor day I believe.

Re slow start, I would have said that may be previous film being shit is catching up, but then pre-sales were quite good, that means audience interest was there. The bets explanation I can think of is HBO Max.

Dont think multiplier will be over 2 with no holidays and HBO piracy comming

1 minute ago, hw64 said:

GvK's gross on Maoyan has been stuck at 13,647.85万 for roughly the past half an hour.

Yeah. Looks like its catching up. Has been like this since 9.40 pm. So looks thats the number for OD

3 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

I don't think this is due to piracy. It's a week before release and the movie's doing pretty well in India when that country has a bigger piracy problem than China does. 

It is.

Trust me, people know of the HBO max arrangement. You can ask @Gavin Feng

3 minutes ago, Ms Lady Hawk said:

So how much can we expect for the weekend in China? How about full run? 

60-65 mill OW and 110-120 mill total could be a realy rough estimate

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Is there any unofficial boycott of American product in China?

https://deadline.com/2021/03/godzilla-vs-kong-opening-weekend-china-international-box-office-1234722557/

amid the current backlash against American products that’s been spurred by past comments of fashion brands about labor conditions in Xinjiang.

10 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Is there any unofficial boycott of American product in China?

https://deadline.com/2021/03/godzilla-vs-kong-opening-weekend-china-international-box-office-1234722557/

amid the current backlash against American products that’s been spurred by past comments of fashion brands about labor conditions in Xinjiang.

the boycott could be ignored compared to previous situations.