A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Oppenheimer-August 30

16 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

I haven't seen BoP. But Mulan review are apt. The film was shittiest film I watched last year and Liu does have a wooden face.

Liu Yifei has lots of haters in China; many are fans of her competitors..

And Liu's acting isn't really good to honest.

But the film's costume, background and Music.. especially in IMAX.. was awesome.

58 minutes ago, john2000 said:

I am actually more intrested for bw right now i hope that they release it in china ,and also idk why but for some reason i dont take these ratings very seriously ....anyway we shall  see

Have you seen the film? I think this score is very appropriate for the film.. it is truly one of the weakest films in MCU.

• Astonished 1

57 minutes ago, TigerPaw said:

Have you seen the film? I think this score is very appropriate for the film.. it is truly one of the weakest films in MCU.

Hmm, the fact that Black Panther was previously the lowest rated by them, says… a lot. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Hmm, the fact that Black Panther was previously the lowest rated by them, says… a lot. 

Before you say this.. I think you should go to Douban and take a look at spread of the ratings for BW; there are more 5 stars than 1 stars - more fans than haters..

And also no review spam of 1 stars.

Most reviews gave it 3 stars, which explained the current score.

I think the score is fair; having watched the film myself.

Edited by TigerPaw
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Gavin Feng said:

BW is now having nearly 59K votes. Mulan got more than 70K at the same point.

Haha. Except that Mulan opened 1 week after Disney+ release elsewhere; if BW followed the same delat - it would have been released today..

So i think there is no doubt that BW will have more douban ratings compared to Mulan when (IF) it release in cinemas in China.

On 7/14/2021 at 9:30 AM, Gavin Feng said:

My prediction is: the reactions of Shang-Chi here are either very high or very low due to the story movie is doing are very sensitive.

Didn't China love 3 idiots who's story was basically not following your parent's dreams but yours? At least the second trailer of Shang-Chi hinted a similar story, except he will be literally fighting Tony Leung lol.

33 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

Didn't China love 3 idiots who's story was basically not following your parent's dreams but yours? At least the second trailer of Shang-Chi hinted a similar story, except he will be literally fighting Tony Leung lol.

I don't think they like 3 Idiots because of this theme. 3 idiots is itself a very solid, witty and heartwarming film.

I mean Dangal is about the ladies fulfilling their dad's dream, they also loved it.

It is not about the folllowing or going against "parents' dream" theme at all. Really nothing related to that at all.

So that part of Shang Chi's story - i don't think anyone cares . Lol.

I think a lot of people in the west have some misconception about Tony Leung's box office draw in China... He is known but he hasn't been a draw and isn't a draw today. In fact people are upset why he took the role of Fu Manchu / Mandarin and threatened to boycott him; to the extend that Marvel renamed it Wenwu and is  not referencing Mandarin in any of its promotional materials..

Edited by TigerPaw