A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Oppenheimer-August 30

I did care those movies actually. No matter local or foreign. But every time you want it, they are like, "oh, you think I'm gonna give you good shit? No no no, the world is already changed. I could make good movie, and I could tell good story. But I decide to ruin everything you love or expect. I'm gonna show you how to mess it up. Start from Fantastic Beasts, Star Wars, then Black Widow, Wonder Woman, Mulan, Changjin, Fast family, Godzilla vs Kong. You don't deserve anything good. Cinema is dead. Theme park is dead. All you can expect is endless garbage. And maybe some tough love. "

• Thanks 1
  • ...wtf 1

15 minutes ago, Gavin Feng said:

local studios and audience do not trust ancient story for a while. Movies like Wandering Earth would be mainstream things in the future

I would prefer those over plethora of army movies every year. Same goes for India which is making many war films now, all of them shit.

11 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

I would prefer those over plethora of army movies every year. Same goes for India which is making many war films now, all of them shit.

The actual war parts of Shershah worked, and they worked much better than the Vikram Batra stuff in LOC Kargil, the rest of the movie was the issue. Bhuj was an utter disaster and Bell Bottom was a huge missed opportunity after a great setup. Border is embarrassing in hindsight but Lakshya works much better now than it did then for sure. 

War movies can work, the issue is that most of Indian war movies recently are by JP Dutta who doesn't get subtlety at all. Paltan is so so bad it's cringey.

10 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Very remote considering Venom almost doubled FFH. Plus hype for Venom 2 is there for sure. 

i am not saying that it will, but its no guarantee  that venom 2 will make as much as the first one

also you are probably mistaken here, venom made 270 mill in china, while far from home made 200 mill so , not even close to almost double.

Edited by john2000

5 hours ago, john2000 said:

i am not saying that it will, but its no guarantee  that venom 2 will make as much as the first one

also you are probably mistaken here, venom made 270 mill in china, while far from home made 200 mill so , not even close to almost double.

Yeah I can totally see NWH winning. It should increase a lot from FFH. V2 will have a smaller increase. NWH is a near-Avengers film in terms of hype. 

Edited by Menor