A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Deadpool & Wolverine- July 26

5 minutes ago, No Prisoners said:

I didn't jot down the Sw7 numbers. But as I recall it's tracking close SW7. PS went up 50% yesterday and tracking that today. If it's the same tomorrow, it will need to more than double on thursday like SW7 did and it will keep pace. Rev did not pop on thursday. If it follows that pattern the it will come in at 50m PS for a 140m OD.

Thanks. So its around PS*2,8=OD?

19 minutes ago, fmpro said:

Thanks. So its around PS*2,8=OD?

It been 2.7 to 2.8 lately. Rev was closed to 2x  but that skews older. Same with PS pattern, BVS should follow SW7 not Rev. I say high 100s for now but really need to see more numbers roll in

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Arlo245 said:

Zootopia decreased again on Tuesday. Is it starting to slow down or is it normal?

It burnt a lot of demand in first 2 weeks, and animated movies have a limit in Chinese markets.

It's still on track to 1.4B yuan.

The movies made over 1.5B are all very popular in 3rd tier cities where animated movies are less popular.

Edited by Olive
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Olive said:

Revenant had so many discount tickets, thus the lower multiplier.

I thought SW7 had a large amount of discounts as well

21 minutes ago, Arlo245 said:

Zootopia decreased again on Tuesday. Is it starting to slow down or is it normal?

Only dropped 4% from yesterday.  Very good hold. Looks like it's cooling down a bit like GOLD did once it got up over 1B

Presales

BvS(Wednesday 00:00)        VS       TFA(Thursday 00:50)

Midnights:        2.23M                                         3M                                 

OD:                18.2M                                         16.96M

Second day:      7.97M                                         4.38M

Zootopia exploded on it's second weekend, so the drop is not that bad, it's behaving like a normal movie with good WOM, It's going to make around 1.4 billion which is more than 40% over KFP3 (I love that) quality vs. quantity

• Like 1

2 hours ago, seduh said:

Zootopia exploded on it's second weekend, so the drop is not that bad, it's behaving like a normal movie with good WOM, It's going to make around 1.4 billion which is more than 40% over KFP3 (I love that) quality vs. quantity

kFP3 is a good movie too.

As told, the folks at the screening for BVS at the film Bureau all considered the movie no threat to local Qingming films, so they happily give it a Mar 25 release.

Now we can confirm that BVS will perform poorly at CBO, with poor reviews coming all around. It wont hit audiences in smaller cities. A good OW could still happen but it will surely drop like a rock in the second week, like Spectre did.

2 hours ago, firedeep said:

As told, the folks at the screening for BVS at the film Bureau all considered the movie no threat to local Qingming films, so they happily give it a Mar 25 release.

Now we can confirm that BVS will perform poorly at CBO, with poor reviews coming all around. It wont hit audiences in smaller cities. A good OW could still happen but it will surely drop like a rock in the second week, like Spectre did.

Not that I don't believe you but where are you getting this information

14 minutes ago, Olive said:

Watched BVS at press screening, first 90 minutes was big bore, and the left is CGI mayhem..

I don't know whether Chinese audience will like it or not?

I'm guessing..... No?!

2 hours ago, Olive said:

5 of my friends watched it, only one liked it(7/10), another says it worse than Green Lantern.

I give it 5/10

Gosh is it that bad? I have waited for it for such a long time, was looking forward to IMAX 3D tickets this weekend. =/