A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Oppenheimer-August 30

2 minutes ago, thajdikt said:

Someone on the box office forum on Reddit posted a unconfirmed social post that Black Panther will release 7.Feb and Ant-Man 3 Feb 17th. Any merit to this? Seems very fake but given there´s been some talk about Ant-Man getting a release I thought would ask.

That would be kinda dumb tbh. They'd be essentially competing with themselves.

• Like 1

That Reddit post is 99% fake. Why the hell would Disney bother releasing Black Panther 2 there when it'll be on the high seas by then? I'll also be very surprised if Ant-Man 3 manages to secure a day and date release there. Always wait for @Issac Newton's word before popping the champagne. She has her sources in order.

Just now, LPLC said:

BP2 7 February, Titanic 10 February and Ant Man 3 for 17 February ?

Imagine if Titanic make more money than BP2 or Ant Man 3

Titanic have insanely influence,the last Titanic break opening weekend box office record in China

But times changed,I don’t know it’s can still have that insanely performence again,

Excellent news, though the china variable returning likely fucks my club over (GOTG3 should be able to hit 1b now if anything) but it's a welcome loss.

6 minutes ago, XXR the Conqueror said:

I’d like to see $50 million out of WF and $100 million out of AMQ. I’m not sure how realistic either of these numbers are anymore. It’ll be interesting to see how the market reacts to the MCU finally returning.

If A2 can do ~240ish with a release in the middle of the covid disaster it shouldn't be a huge ask for antman to do 100 in a better spot, but let's see what happens. Not really sure about WF since it'll be out on streaming already by then

Edited by JustLurking

1 minute ago, JustLurking said:

If A2 can do ~240ish with a release in the middle of the covid disaster it shouldn't be a huge ask for antman to do 100 in a better spot, but let's see what happens. Not really sure about WF since it'll be out on streaming already by then

Yea I mean in theory AMQ should do better than that (AM2 did $120M in 2018) but I’m curious if the market has “forgotten” about the MCU or if the base will return. Either way, something is better than nothing.

2 minutes ago, XXR the Conqueror said:

Yea I mean in theory AMQ should do better than that (AM2 did $120M in 2018) but I’m curious if the market has “forgotten” about the MCU or if the base will return. Either way, something is better than nothing.

China is not exactly a piracy-adverse market so I don't see any reason why a couple years of absence from the screens would kill the brand here, but who knows. Will be an interesting test that's for sure.

Wow really pity that you guys don’t understand Chinese,the internet battle starting in China about Maverl fans vs patriotic peope right now on everywhere ,weibo,tieba,bilibili….It’s really interesting(ahhhhh…shame on me!!!how could I be that bad!!!!but I …I really love internet chaos! (๑˃́ꇴ˂̀๑)

Edited by Sophia Jane
  • Haha 2

57 minutes ago, XXR the Conqueror said:

I’d like to see $50 million out of WF and $100 million out of AMQ. I’m not sure how realistic either of these numbers are anymore. It’ll be interesting to see how the market reacts to the MCU finally returning.

I am hoping $25M for WF, $50M for Titanic and $100M for AM3