A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Oppenheimer-August 30

13 minutes ago, Polaroids said:

I watched xXx. It's not a deep movie, obviously, but I agree with Tigerpaw that it's fun. Don't see why this wouldn't do well in China.

And once again...
Don't know if it is a spoiler, but wil put the spoiler tags.

Spoiler

Donnie Yen stole the entire movie! Do you agree?

20 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

I hope we'll see more movies beyond $200m this year, at least among foreign films. Only Zootopia seemed to do very well last year. And I hope a real improvement for GOTG 2 :D

I think that GOTG 2 might be the only import to make over 1 billion Yuan Renminbi in 2017.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Oh yeah.

I still don't expect them to break any records. China's box office isn't growing like it used to.

Or maybe not? Maybe 2016 was just a blip?

Probably not given the Chinese economy is clearly slower than before but who knows...

8 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Oh yeah.

I still don't expect them to break any records. China's box office isn't growing like it used to.

Sure. Very probably, nothing will beat Mermaid for a while. But TF5 and F8 are more than locked to make 1 billion. And both have quite chances to make 2 billion.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

I'm not sure about TF5, this thing about mixing Camelot, Prince Arthur and Transformers seems so ridiculous o_o

Because ancient Egypt, the Moon landing and dinosaurs aren't?

Edited by robertman2
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

I'm not sure about TF5, this thing about mixing Camelot, Prince Arthur and Transformers seems so ridiculous o_o

It is hard to me to imagine that something called Transformers can drop in China a 50% relative to its predecessor, even if in the film appears a pig flying.

• Like 1