after service charges

xXx  -  72.5m / 861,9m
Sing  -  35.5m / 50.3m
La La Land  -  24.8m / 149.3m
Kung Fu Yoga  - 16.6m / 1,667m
Duckweed  -  15m / 972.8m

JTTW2  -  3.9m / 1,627m

900m yuan tmr.

Do you think it can hit 1.1billion yuan total?

27 minutes ago, Gavin Feng said:

Saturday estimates

before service charges
xXx  -  67.5m / 823.7m
Sing  -  33m / 46.8m
La La Land  -  23.1m / 141.7m
Kung Fu Yoga  - 15.6m / 1,588m
Duckweed  -  14m / 925m

JTTW2  -  3.7m / 1,552m

after service charges

xXx  -  72.5m / 861,9m
Sing  -  35.5m / 50.3m
La La Land  -  24.8m / 149.3m
Kung Fu Yoga  - 16.6m / 1,667m
Duckweed  -  15m / 972.8m

JTTW2  -  3.9m / 1,627m

kung fu yuga 

Continues  fudge:P

4 minutes ago, TigerPaw said:

900m yuan tmr.

Do you think it can hit 1.1billion yuan total?

Possible.

BTW, a fan who talked with Donnie Yen in sina fans group of Donnie Yen told me Donnie asked for advice about playing Namor. He doesn’t know much about comic books and the character.

• Like 8

5 hours ago, Gavin Feng said:

Possible.

BTW, a fan who talked with Donnie Yen in sina fans group of Donnie Yen told me Donnie asked for advice about playing Namor. He doesn’t know much about comic books and the character.

HOLY CRAP

That would be AWESOME lol

Edited by Arlborn
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Gavin Feng said:

Possible.

Donnie talks to alot of fans. :)

On a personal basis.

You saw my twitter and can see who is following me right. :)

BTW, just wanted to say this. I have been following the Asian film industry for a long time, and I admire a lot of HK/China actors. And honestly, no one...
No one... even comes close to Donnie in terms of being grounded. Being on the ground, speaking to fans, running around during the premiere to take as many photographs with fans, signing as many posters as he can.
At his age, and his achievements... and being one of the highest paid actor in whole of Asia, he is still consistenly asking for advice, and admitting he doesn't know much about comic books, China history etc (He could easily get his PA to research and tell him, but he choose not to, and instead asking fans for advice and admitting his "ignorance")

He did the same when he played Guan Yu in "The Lost Bladesman" 2011, he admitted he doesn't know much about Romance of the three kingdom, and went around asking fans more about the character, and their expectations/impression of that character.
While the movie was average at best, it did well in the box office (at that time, 150m yuan at the box office is like 600m yuan now).

Edited by TigerPaw
  • Like 5

15 hours ago, Gavin Feng said:

Possible.

I know one-day crown prince will take the throne. It's just a matter of time. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TigerPaw said:

Donnie talks to alot of fans. :)

On a personal basis.

You saw my twitter and can see who is following me right. :)

BTW, just wanted to say this. I have been following the Asian film industry for a long time, and I admire a lot of HK/China actors. And honestly, no one...
No one... even comes close to Donnie in terms of being grounded. Being on the ground, speaking to fans, running around during the premiere to take as many photographs with fans, signing as many posters as he can.

You forgot he is also a bad-ass fighter. SPL, that alley scene is just whoa.

Newbies who discover Donnie after watching Rogue One should watch his

best HK movies and they will realise how ridiculously underused he was in R1.

They should just make him a saber-wielding Jedi. Vader vs Donnie Yen, imagine....

Edited by zackzack
  • Like 1

Can xXx break $150 million?

On 2/18/2017 at 9:35 AM, maria said:

i'm So sad for the game changer. i think he is maybe the most decent chinese film this year yet.

....not even close. It's hated by audiences everywhere. Look at its rating on every site. It's not even a huge threat so you cannot blame that on black propaganda. Gao Xixi is just a pretty terrible director to be honest. Doesn't help the people he cast weren't big names. Even the little it's making is a bit.. inflated. It's also being accused of plagiarism. Just bad things happening to it all around.

41 minutes ago, Polaroids said:

....not even close. It's hated by audiences everywhere. Look at its rating on every site. It's not even a huge threat so you cannot blame that on black propaganda. Gao Xixi is just a pretty terrible director to be honest. Doesn't help the people he cast weren't big names. Even the little it's making is a bit.. inflated. It's also being accused of plagiarism. Just bad things happening to it all around.

It should be able to reach 150 mill IMO

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Polaroids said:

Something obviously wrong with the pre-sales.. some sort of fudging? Every day, the presales numbers are so high despite the low screen count..

Edited by TigerPaw

3 hours ago, Lihongkim said:

Yes and *no*. The movie is not bad but not good either. I enjoyed some action though. 

I wish he will have better HLW project. He deserves the BEST.  

After Rogue One and Triple X, I have heard from many insiders that he is currently been offered many Hollywood roles, but heard he has declined most of them as the script undermine Asians, still taking his time to pick.

This is very positive, I rather he takes his time, and make sure his path in Hollywood is straight and he will soar there with his enormous talent.

Look at Felicity Jones, after Rogue One.. bomb after bomb... =(