A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Oppenheimer-August 30

41 minutes ago, commendable said:

like i said, grow up

12 minutes ago, RRA said:

But is this person toilet trained?

Eh, you can cyberbully me if you want, i'm just a small account in a small forum anw, but it won't change the fact that BP isn't as good as BP fanatic fans think
IEp13iL.png

I Guess the Chinese should grow up too? The criticism section is quite entertaining to read, but it seems like you can't read Chinese properly to understand what they said.

• Like 2

speaking from experience of marvel films yourcake is probably right that it's overrated, as pretty much all other existing ones are.

Sub-8.0 maoyan isn't going to propel this into greatness, we looking at $100-130m total here.

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

speaking from experience of marvel films yourcake is probably right that it's overrated, as pretty much all other existing ones are.

Sub-8.0 maoyan isn't going to propel this into greatness, we looking at $100-130m total here.

see others CMBs did in china,it's great for a new hero's film

16 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Not if it really open nearly to 85-90m like some seen to see from the pre-sales figures, even extreme bad legs would have it easily over 150m no ?

Edited by Barnack

So BP is getting TFA's WOM in China?

That somehow isn't surprising, considering the culture differences. TFA was fueled by the years of hunger of the SW fanbase, and BP had the support of the massive black community. Neither exits in China.

Edited by vc2002
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, IronJimbo said:

I think some had been hoping it would perform as well as age of ultron.

nope,you go back in this page and no one guesses it open in this level until presale blows up

Edited by GOXOG

3 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Not if it really open nearly to 85-90m like some seen to see from the pre-sales figures, even extreme bad legs would have it easily over 150m no ?

yeah if  it opens to that much... also looking at spiderman homecoming's performance i think opening like that wouldn't guarantee over 150m at all.

Edited by IronJimbo

7 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

yeah if  it opens to that much... also looking at spiderman homecoming's performance i think opening like that wouldn't guarantee over 150m at all.

You are right, Homecoming opening was 60% of is total run ! Was it an holiday or something ?

Just now, Barnack said:

You are right, Homecoming opening was 60% of is total run ! Was it an holiday or something ?

I'm not actually sure myself, I know Gavin predicted 100m to 120m so I assume it's going to follow the same trajectory as Homecoming. They had a very similar midnight release of $1.55m (bp) and $1.53m.

53 minutes ago, YourCake said:

Eh, you can cyberbully me if you want, i'm just a small account in a small forum anw, but it won't change the fact that BP isn't as good as BP fanatic fans think
IEp13iL.png

I Guess the Chinese should grow up too? The criticism section is quite entertaining to read, but it seems like you can't read Chinese properly to understand what they said.

no man it is just that you really want this film to fail and its weird, you are just saying the same thing people have said about black led films in asia for years. not to mention you call the chinas marketing SJW which makes absolutely no sense to me... 

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, YourCake said:

IEp13iL.png

you've talked like chinese represents the world so if they dont like this film ,all people over the world not like it as well and it's overrated :hahaha:

1 hour ago, GOXOG said:

you've talked like chinese represents the world so if they dont like this film ,all people over the world not like it as well and it's overrated :hahaha:

1 hour ago, commendable said:

no man it is just that you really want this film to fail and its weird, you are just saying the same thing people have said about black led films in asia for years. not to mention you call the chinas marketing SJW which makes absolutely no sense to me... 

Yo! You assholes are guests in the China box office forum. I know you’re new and all but here we keep conversations limited to discussions about the box office in China. It ain’t hard. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Barnack said:

no. bad legs in china can lead to a 90%+ drop on second weekend and just a 1.5 OW multi

1 hour ago, ZeeSoh said:

At 67.18 right now at 1:30pm. If the midpoint is at 2-2:30pm then a 145-155 OD is likely. 

yup. looking like that. that will be the lowest PS multi for a CBM in over a year at 3.2.  Walk ups are not doing well so far.  WoM spreading fast.

I guess the $500m performance in Domestic and good numbers in Taiwan and HK hyped up the PS but the 7.9 WoM  dictates the run.

PS for tomorrow at 27m, can't tell yet how much it will bump.

if it follows BVS

10+150+180+120=460m/$72m  OW,  $120m Total

Edited by POTUS
  • Like 5
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, POTUS said:

no. bad legs in china can lead to a 90%+ drop on second weekend and just a 1.5 OW multi

yup. looking like that. that will be the lowest PS multi for a CBM in over a year at 3.2.  Walk ups are not doing well so far.  WoM spreading fast.

I guess the $500m performance in Domestic and good numbers in Taiwan and HK hyped up the PS but the 7.9 WoM  dictates the run.

bad news :(

120 is still a lot better than almost anyone was expecting a month ago and all MCU first entries iirc.      This is more concerning with regard to possible reception of BP2 in my opinion, but that can also be affected by IW and A4.     

Ant-Man&the Wasp would only need a pretty modest increase from the well received first part 3 years ago to beat BP in China then, which would be really amusing when you look at the ratio between number six for those 2 domestically.