A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Oppenheimer-August 30

1 hour ago, Mojoguy said:

Nevermind, just did the math and it should get to 200 this Sunday. lol

So is $250-300 million possible?

Yes it will cross 200 mill $ in an hour or two. It looks to have a standart sunday drop today

250 mill is locked. 300 is nearly impossible. Somewhere in between is where its headed

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NamakFiskKa said:

:Gaga::Venom:

On 10/18/2018 at 7:16 PM, JGAR4LIFE said:

The chances of this [FB2] crossing $1 billion seem more and more likely.

On 10/18/2018 at 9:10 PM, AndyK said:

I hope so, but it seems unlikely as only 1 HP has ever done that.

On 10/18/2018 at 9:14 PM, NamakFiskKa said:

China should have had enough young Potterheads in this decade to push it to that mark imo

:sparta::redcapes:

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, XO21 said:

I mean predicting Venom's run was kinda impossible, $100m circa was a reasonable prediction.

This

Venom has destroyed the range for SH films not called Avengers in China. The biggest film until now was Ant-man 2, with a bit over 800m Yuan. Venom is making 1b more, at Transformers 4 level, and just behind Furious saga and IW. Nobody could imagine this.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, XO21 said:

I mean predicting Venom's run was kinda impossible, $100m circa was a reasonable prediction.

agreed. those who get a movie like Venom (China) right in early predictions fit the bill of 'wrong clock being twice right'.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, peludo said:

This

Venom has destroyed the range for SH films not called Avengers in China. The biggest film until now was Ant-man 2, with a bit over 800m Yuan. Venom is making 1b more, at Transformers 4 level, and just behind Furious saga and IW. Nobody could imagine this.

It was easy to predict a breakout, by the YouTube law (even if YT is banned in China).

Hi all,

I've seen some comments online that Venom was censored in China but I can't find any mention of this in the box office reports or news since it's release in China.

Can anyone clarify what scenes, if any , didn't make it into the Chinese cut of the film, compared to the U.S version?

Thanks!

55 minutes ago, RaidensSword said:

Hi all,

I've seen some comments online that Venom was censored in China but I can't find any mention of this in the box office reports or news since it's release in China.

Can anyone clarify what scenes, if any , didn't make it into the Chinese cut of the film, compared to the U.S version?

Thanks!

No ,the movie is as long as US-version but without the trailer of Spider-verse,

• Like 2