A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Oppenheimer-August 30

10 hours ago, MG10 said:

Wasn't Moonfall supposed to be released in China too? Or do I remember wrong?

Moonfall has been approved for release but is still waiting to be given a release date; when, exactly, it will receive a release date is entirely unpredictable. To be honest, don't have high expectations for its box office performance as it seems a prime candidate for toxic word-of-mouth.

• Like 1

Hey guys,not a box office topic,But I recently know that the Chinese App called "Tiktok"(抖音) is extremely popular in the entire world,is that true?If that's true,then China Probably have new Global phenomenon after Kungfu movie,I will be so proud of Tiktok conquering the world

Edited by Bruce
  • Haha 3
  • Astonished 1

4 minutes ago, Bruce said:

Hey guys,not a box office topic,But I recently know that the Chinese App called "Tiktok"(抖音) is extremely popular in the entire world,is that true?If that's true,then China Probably have new Global phenomenon after Kungfu movie,I will be so proud of Tiktok conquering the world

Tiktok is prolly the biggest social app right now. It was a rage in India before it was banned and now there are many other alternatives including Instagram doing same thing.

33 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Tiktok is prolly the biggest social app right now. It was a rage in India before it was banned and now there are many other alternatives including Instagram doing same thing.

I know Tiktok was popular in foreign country 1 years ago,but I don't know is super popular untill few years ago,I thought is was just  popular among limited group of people,but now I know that Tiktok is the app which is almost same level as Facebook and Google in the world which everybody know it and use it,it's just beyond my imagine that Tiktok become a worldwide phenomenal ,which means China also can make the thing which beloved by all people in the world just like US,That's so proud

Edited by Bruce
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

Wait uncharted has a date but no spidey !!! Any chance of that changing. 

I don’t think we should expect any Marvel movies (Disney or Sony) to release in China from now on unless something changes.

• Knock It Off 1

3 hours ago, ThatWaluigiDude said:

Is there, like, any advantage for China on releasing movies on monday and sunday? Feels weird not to take advantage of the weekend...

it’s  probably just soft sabotage, Hotel Transylvania released on Amazon 2 months ago, there’s little incentive for them to give it it a hit slot as they probably consider it DOA anyway. Some of Those releases are more of 2 symbolic Middle finger to the studios.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Manny G said:

it’s  probably just soft sabotage, Hotel Transylvania released on Amazon 2 months ago, there’s little incentive for them to give it it a hit slot as they probably consider it DOA anyway. Some of Those releases are more of 2 symbolic Middle finger to the studios.

I think everyone should appreciate the fact that films are getting released &earning some dollars (US$) rather than drawing a big zero from Mainland China.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, ThatWaluigiDude said:

Is there, like, any advantage for China on releasing movies on monday and sunday? Feels weird not to take advantage of the weekend...

For Uncharted, pretty sure it's soft sabotage.

For Hotel Transylvania, it's actually a beneficial opening day, hitting just in time for the start of Qingming Festival (tomb-sweeping holiday, everybody gets days off work).

1 hour ago, Issac Newton said:

I think everyone should appreciate the fact that films are getting released &earning some dollars (US$) rather than drawing a big zero from Mainland China.

I don't exactly like the idea that people should be thankful a government isn't banning a movie out of pettiness.

• Thanks 5

4 minutes ago, JustLurking said:

I don't exactly like the idea that people should be thankful a government isn't banning a movie out of pettiness.

That wasn't a thought in the air. Nevertheless, I didn't even mention the government. I am clarifying that imported works are still find some ways to enter the Chinese Markets. At least, I am appreciating the fact that studios aren't giving up to entertain the crowd. Do not just phrase out the wrong idea!!