The Dark Knight

141 members have voted

1. 1. Grade The Dark Knight

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

Disagree. Part of the film's goal, based on my interpretation, is to discuss what makes a superhero a superhero, and in that scene they answered it with that corny dialogue.

Yeah I appreciate what he did, but it could have been answered without the corny dialogue, that's all im saying. It was a dark brooding film which ended with cheesy dialogue, it just seemed out of place to me.

Is that necessary?

Necessary? Is drinking my Urine necessary? Probably not but I do it anyway because it's sterile and I like the taste

Edited by jessie

Yeah I appreciate what he did, but it could have been answered without the corny dialogue, that's all im saying. It was a dark brooding film which ended with cheesy dialogue, it just seemed out of place to me.

But that's what makes the dialogue work so well. It goes against the darkness of the rest of the film, and therefore becomes unique.

BTW, there are other moments of corny dialogue in the film as well (You either die a hero....)

But that's what makes the dialogue work so well. It goes against the darkness of the rest of the film, and therefore becomes unique.

BTW, there are other moments of corny dialogue in the film as well (You either die a hero....)

That wasn't corny at all.

Okay now you lot are just overreacting.

Hey, I didn't say it was for everyone. But it always sends chills for me specifically. Corny? Maybe. But an encapsulation of what Batman stands for? Absolutely. But it's not just about Gordon's monologue. I love what Batman tells to Gordon, you see Michael Caine burning that letter, you see Fox being rewarded with his trust in Bruce...it just works so well for me.

And let's not act like it's the only corny line in the series, let alone movie.

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 5

The ending can't be perfect because it's rooted in Nolan's mishandling of Two-Face.

You're going to have to explain how he mishandled that character.

And regardless, I don't think that the ending is "perfect" (actually wait, I did say that it was perfect). But I meant that whatever issues are there don't matter (at least in my opinion). The corniness doesn't matter, the logic of it (which is a little absurd, the idea that he can just take blame for all of Dent's misdeeds without anyone questioning anything is a little insane) doesn't matter, and the rest of the film's possible weaknesses (plot holes + length) doesn't matter. The entire moment just ties together the emotions, awe, and themes of the film together in such a powerful way that it sticks out as something special.

Of course, you could shatter my opinion by explaining how Two Face was mishandled, so I'll wait to read that. But until then, this is how I feel.

• Like 1

Necessary? Is drinking my Urine necessary? Probably not but I do it anyway because it's sterile and I like the taste

Fucking hell Jessie, sometimes i love your witty nonsensical replies lol  :rofl: