The Dark Knight

141 members have voted

1. 1. Grade The Dark Knight

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

I haven't heard of this. Can someone tell me what it's about?

It's a Heath ledger movie about jousting. Synopsis: After his master dies, a peasant squire, fueled by his desire for food and glory, creates a new identity for himself as a knight.Unfortunately ledgers performance is pretty run of the mill.
  • Like 2

A very overrated movie that has probably more flaws in it than Nolan fans will acknowledge, especially when there so insistent when it comes to MARVEL movies.. Case in point, the Bank Heist scene in the movie when Ledger has a school bus crash into the side of the building and not 1 damn person on the outside uses there cell phones to call Gotham Police, especially when the stroyline itself involved cell phones and how BATMAN used them in the movie..

I gave this overrated mess a "D" and that's being generous..

Posted Image

• Like 3

The single greatest comic book film ever made.  An instant 5 star modern classic that harkens back to the rich storytelling days of the Godfather and Lawrence of Arabia.  The performances are simply out of this world, with the late great Heath Ledger's Joker becoming THE bar to which all movie villains are measured, and Aaron Eckhart and Gary Oldman each contributing lifetime achievement level performances, with everyone else rounding off the cast nicely.  Christian Bale (tied with Daniel Day-Lewis as our greatest modern actor) gives a subtle yet menacing performance reminiscent of Al Pacino in his role as Michael Corleone; Michael Caine and Morgan Freeman provide great character moments as well as subtle, sophisticated humor that is delivered with far greater execution than most films that try to cram as much unnecessary slapstick as possible (i.e. Transformers, Avengers)An iconic masterpiece of cinema and a phenomenal triumph of storytelling, The Dark Knight is a truly epic film that tops any other contribution to the genre by leaps and bounds, no matter how many jealous fanboys of rival companies bang their heads in frustration over their own failure to reach this level of relevance.

• Like 5

I've written pages and pages about how great this film is before, and somehow it still never does it justice. I'll just go ahead and say that this is the film of our generation and that this is about as close to a "perfect film" as you can get and leave it at that.

A+ and definitely in my top 3 movies of all time.

• Like 6

The single greatest comic book film ever made.  An instant 5 star modern classic that harkens back to the rich storytelling days of the Godfather and Lawrence of Arabia.  The performances are simply out of this world, with the late great Heath Ledger's Joker becoming THE bar to which all movie villains are measured, and Aaron Eckhart and Gary Oldman each contributing lifetime achievement level performances, with everyone else rounding off the cast nicely.  Christian Bale (tied with Daniel Day-Lewis as our greatest modern actor) gives a subtle yet menacing performance reminiscent of Al Pacino in his role as Michael Corleone; Michael Caine and Morgan Freeman provide great character moments as well as subtle, sophisticated humor that is delivered with far greater execution than most films that try to cram as much unnecessary slapstick as possible (i.e. Transformers, Avengers)An iconic masterpiece of cinema and a phenomenal triumph of storytelling, The Dark Knight is a truly epic film that tops any other contribution to the genre by leaps and bounds, no matter how many jealous fanboys of rival companies bang their heads in frustration over their own failure to reach this level of relevance.

Why must The Avengers or even Transformers 3 be brought up?? Its not unnecessary slapstick, its the tone Disney decided to go for and it worked well. 

Posting comments like this makes you no better than BKB, you have the opportunity to be the bigger man ;)

Anyways, great movie A+

Matter of fact 2008 was a great year for superheros with this and Iron Man, both being my favourite CBM's of all time.

Edited by Jessie
  • Like 2

Why must The Avengers or even Transformers 3 be brought up?? Its not unnecessary slapstick, its the tone Disney decided to go for and it worked well. 

Posting comments like this makes you no better than BKB, you have the opportunity to be the bigger man ;)

Anyways, great movie A+

Matter of fact 2008 was a great year for superheros with this and Iron Man, both being my favourite CBM's of all time.

You guys keep forgetting Spiderman 2 can go head to head with TDK and is just a tad more rewatchable.

TDK is just more on the serious side. Less humour. SM2 was the total complete comic film. Both

are the top dogs in quality amongst all comic films

• Like 1

Heath Ledger is what really carries the movie, he's honestly the only exceptionally strong element to the film, the rest is a shallow attempt at trying to be epic, dark, and meaningful.

B+

Disagree Ledger wouldnt shine without Bales, Freemans, Micheals, Gary Oldmans performances.

No way this heath alone  make this film, but he is certainly its shining star in this one :).

Its one of the best villain performances of all time, along with Jacks in BM89,  and Phil Seymore Hoffman

in Mission Impossible 3. :)

Spider-Man 2 has some pacing issues and some poorly written comedy moments, not to mention the entire scene with Doc Ock throwing a car at Peter when he wants him to give a message to Spider-Man, then follows up by throwing him into a wall.

I actually agree with this, but you cant nitpik Spidey and not TDK, they both have flaws. Its ironic because you accuse me of ignoring similar faults in other movies :).

• Like 1

Watched this and Crystal Skull last night.  

I love how this film seems to not only hold up, but at times get better.  It truly is, imo, one of the very best films I've ever seen.  Shame TDKR was so horrible.

• Like 6

TDKR ain't "horrible" or any nonsense hyperbole, but TDK definitely is in a different one-of-a-kind league when it comes to comic book movies. Also, I have no idea why are some fanboys putting Begins on par with TDK. Sure it's good and much better than TDKR but there's nothing special about it. TDK has this something special

• Like 1