The Dark Knight

141 members have voted

1. 1. Grade The Dark Knight

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

The only SH movie where I honestly don't care what the critics say about the film.For me, it's up there with Bill and Ted, Jurassic park, ESB, Titanic and a few others, where I just go "I don't give a fuck what you say about this film!"It's a masterpiece for me :D

What about that awkard moment when the critics praised the film?
  • Like 2

A flawless, multi-layered, iconic masterpiece of cinema and a phenomenal triumph of storytelling, heralding back to the golden age of motion picture (Godfather, Lawrence of Arabia, etc).

By FAR the most refreshing entry to the CBM industry, pushing the boundaries and giving us true variety to a tired and stale genre that other companies seem too complacent to stick with.

Edited by Squaremaster316
  • Like 4

For any Dark Knight fans that get to Chicago, it is a blast checking out the filming locations as you can hit a ton of them downtown.  I was there in early 2013 and my wife and I got to see many of the locations.

The highlights were:

#1- Going to LaSalle street where the Joker is yelling "hit me" in the middle of the road with the awesome skyscraper and the end of the street in the background.  I figured out where he was standing and got a picture walking across the street on the crosswalk.  That street is so fantastic and it was very surreal being there at night.

#2- The bank at the opening.  It's very easy to pick out and is very near the Willis Tower (formerly Sears Tower). You can see right where the bus busted out and the river right by it as well. Across the street is the building that is the first shot in the movie.

#3- Our hotel was right on the river downtown next to the Magnificent Mile (I believe Michigan Ave).  Directly across from the hotel is the Trump Tower which was in construction during TDK filming and where the Joker is hanging off of at the end of the film.  40 feet to the left as I walked out of the hotel is where Bruce Wayne's penthouse was. And 2 blocks to the right is the skyscraper that the Joker dropped Rachel out.

There were even more (and also from Transformers 3) but the ones above were surreal.  Anyone who loves this movie and ever gets to Chicago, I would suggest checking them out as it's a blast and pretty convenient.

Edited by 33Legend
  • Like 3

There's a bunch of knights who say NIIHHH and they come to New York city only to be confronted by a circus clown who likes to burn money.  Pretty cool film.

• Like 2

Yep, John Cleese as the main dark knight and Michael Palin as his robin coloured knight are pretty good in it.  Tim Curry plays the clown who likes to burn money.  It's ghost directed by Sylvester Stallone.  Chris Nolan got the credit but Sly was the true director.

• Like 1