baumer

Weekend #s Bond 90M Lincoln 900K Ralph Flight good holds

• Founder / Operator

Yea but that will happen after OW when it has no legs. During OW when half the business is made, movie theaters are keeping as many showings for it as they can to meet demand.

I know but what I'm saying is they should only have to add times for one of two reasons: 1) the film over-performs beyond expectations or 2) they had shotty planning beforehand. With Twilight and its consistency, there's little chance of the first reason happening. It will already start out with a ton of screens at most theaters. Its not like exhibitors don't know going into next weekend that Twilight requires a lot of screens upfront, so they'll plan accordingly so as to be able avoid being in the situation of not being able to meet demand.Plus, there's only so many screens a theater can cut out for another movie.

Uhhhhh YesIt will beat BD2 WW and OS...hoefully domestically too

I see quite difficult It can win domestically. It should pass 300. But OS and WW is done. In fact, I think Skyfall has already reached or it will next days the entire amount that BD2 will make OS. I'm thinking in 450 for BD2

• Founder / Operator

If Skyfall does, say, en up with around 250M, where in the franchise will it rank in terms of tickets sold?

4th. Needs about 280m to hit 3rd.Some shameless plugging it: http://www.boxoffice.com/articles/2012-11-007-by-the-numbers-draft:)

Interesting, the Saturday number goes up just enough to push Bond to exactly 90 mil with previews.I think the movie totally deserves that number but I can't shake the feeling there's a bit of number manipulation going on there to squeeze it to 90.

Either way, it is still gonna be huge.

Hell yeah, Skyfall. Puts Taken 2 and Bourne to shame. $250 million is happening.Great hold for Wreck-It Ralph and Flight. I'm holding out for $200 million for Ralph, but I would be happy with $185 million. Flight is going to hold really,really well next weekend. I'm still not counting out $100 million but I think $80-90 million is a done deal.