Neo

Pacific Rim: Uprising | March 23, 2018 | Steven S. DeKnight (Starz' Spartacus, Marvel's Daredevil) directing | John Boyega. Scott Eastwood joins as co-lead | Tag All Spoilers!

How much profit do you guys think PR1 made?

It had a budget of 190m.

It made 101 dom + 309 os.

Considering studios get about 50% of dom gross and 30% of os, the studio got ~50 + ~103 = ~153m. (I am not sure of this. Correct me if i am wrong.)

I guess the non-theatrical business covered the other 40m odd and marketing.

• Like 1

How much profit do you guys think PR1 made?It had a budget of 190m.It made 101 dom + 309 os.Considering studios get about 50% of dom gross and 30% of os, the studio got ~50 + ~103 = ~153m. (I am not sure of this. Correct me if i am wrong.)I guess the non-theatrical business covered the other 40m odd and marketing.

40m of marketing.Oh, I needed a laugh.I doubt this movie made any profit. It just didn't lose a lot of money.
  • Like 2

Tron: Legacy didnt have much chance at being good - it's a live action Disney film. I can think of four of those not related to Muppets, Star Wars or Marvel that were truly well-made:Mary PoppinsPirates of the Caribbean - The Curse of the Black PearlEnchanted Saving Mr. BanksTwo of those also had animation. Roger Rabbit is Touchstone while the first Tron wasn't my favorite either. Not sure if Rocketeer was Disney or Touchstone, but I liked it a lot, too.As for Pacific Rim 2, hope Del Toro enjoys his vanity project which will either equal or slightly decline from the first. I don't see this topping the first if Star Trek 2 and HTTYD 2 didn't top their first films despite both being solid sequels.

• Like 1

Tron: Legacy didnt have much chance at being good - it's a live action Disney film. I can think of four of those not related to Muppets, Star Wars or Marvel that were truly well-made:Mary PoppinsPirates of the Caribbean - The Curse of the Black PearlEnchanted Saving Mr. BanksTwo of those also had animation. Roger Rabbit is Touchstone while the first Tron wasn't my favorite either. Not sure if Rocketeer was Disney or Touchstone, but I liked it a lot, too.s.

Ok, let's be fair...there's no difference between Disney Live Action, Touchstone, and Hollywood Pictures. It's just a label. Same people making those decisions.
  • Like 3

Ok, let's be fair...there's no difference between Disney Live Action, Touchstone, and Hollywood Pictures. It's just a label. Same people making those decisions.

Beverly Hills Chihuahua and Sixth Sense are comparable... who knew?Even with Touchstone and Hollywood Pictures, that's only 7 more off the top of my head (Roger Rabbit, Rocketeer, Lincoln, Ed Wood, Ruthless People, Sixth Sense, Unbreakable). Still terrible considering their hundreds of live action films combining all of the labels. 11 out of what has to be maybe 250-300 is awful. Animation is where Disney has primarily shined. Edited by mahnamahna
  • Like 1

Makes me wish Dredd 2 would happen now.

I'd take Dredd 2 over PR 2 seven days a week and twice on Sundays.

T:L is awful. Tired, derivative, and uninteresting.  <_<

I could literally watch Tron Legacy on continuos repeat for 24 straight hours. Of course that's pretty much due entirely to the sountrack, which I listen to regularly.

• Like 6

Beverly Hills Chihuahua and Sixth Sense are comparable... who knew?

Even with Touchstone and Hollywood Pictures, that's only 7 more off the top of my head (Roger Rabbit, Rocketeer, Lincoln, Ed Wood, Ruthless People, Sixth Sense, Unbreakable). Still terrible considering their hundreds of live action films combining all of the labels. 11 out of what has to be maybe 250-300 is awful. Animation is where Disney has primarily shined.

Posted Image

• Like 3

did they announce this the same week TF4 came out to try to steal its thunder or something? Because they failed miserably.

How did they fail? Does the general audience pay attention to when dates are announced?

• Like 1

How much profit do you guys think PR1 made?

It had a budget of 190m.

It made 101 dom + 309 os.

Considering studios get about 50% of dom gross and 30% of os, the studio got ~50 + ~103 = ~153m. (I am not sure of this. Correct me if i am wrong.)

I guess the non-theatrical business covered the other 40m odd and marketing.

You're forgetting that it made over 25% of it's money in China, where they only get back 25%.

• Like 1

...And the vfx team, and the set designer, and the film composer, and the director, and the screenwriters, and the two annoying scientists, and the entire ridiculosly stupid aliens subplot, and the art director....

I think I might be missing a few

• Like 2