#ED

Estimated Wknd Numbers - BD2(141.3M) Skyfall(41.5M) Lincoln(21M)

In response to the tracking stating 150-160 OW:Guess it's just massive. Or maybe just under massive? :P

But what does that even mean? We have a midnight number. I predicted 145 mill. I don't get it.

It's funny that it took me this long to realise why London cinemas never have lines - assigned seating. If I think something's going to be really popular on OW I don't bother going unless I've booked ahead.

It's fun to line up though. People who get there early are rewarded with the best seats. And if you've got a group of friends, you can all sit together, you don't have to split up into 2 or 3 smaller groups.
  • Like 2

Was the 2.2m Skyfall made on Thursday from 10pm shows? If so, then the precedent may be how those same shows are reported for Twilight BD2. If they are reported with Thursday then I think all movies from here on out will include them with Thursday and not part of opening weekend.-edit-It looks like the 2.2m was only from IMAX Thursday shows per BOMOJO. So it's a good chance that 10pm Thursday shows will be included with opening weekend numbers her on out. Still curious to see how they are reported/separated for BD2.

Edited by Punishment

But what does that even mean? We have a midnight number. I predicted 145 mill.I don't get it.

I think you're being a tiny bit over-defensive here. Not everyone is hating on this number.Looks good to me, and I've never seen a Twilight movie in my life.But I'm glad to know that so many people had a good time at the movies last night.

And if you've got a group of friends, you can all sit together, you don't have to split up into 2 or 3 smaller groups.

I don't get that though. It's not like you can do much conversing during the movie, so why does it matter if you are near a large group of friends? That's just something I've always pondered when I've seen groups of 6+ people trying to sit together in a theater.

I have no idea why ya'll americans dont have reserved seating

Only for sporting events, not for movies.I guess we're not worried about fights over seating breaking out at the movies. Movie crowds are generally polite.Drunk guys at a football game are another matter though.

I don't get that though. It's not like you can do much conversing during the movie, so why does it matter if you are near a large group of friends? That's just something I've always pondered when I've seen groups of 6+ people trying to sit together in a theater.

well if you're going to a midnight movie, you may very well be sitting there in the theater for an hour before the movie begins

Go look at every reporter and they all same the same thing:Guru: Massive 30 mill openingNikki: Massivew 30 mill openingERC: Massive 30 mill openingVariety: massive 30 mill openingour forums:I'm disappointed.

• Like 3

this is a box office site. This isn't a site like Yahoo who;s articles pretty much just praise any box office gross no matter what

Everyone has an opinion,I get it. But let's be realistic now. If a movie profits, good.If it double's its profits, great.If it does insane amount of money, AMAZING!Nothing bad here unless it flops. Edited by iTz ReaLLy ED

yeah that part of it I don't get either. I hate when some idiot tries to "hold" a whole row of seats for people that don't show up until 20 minutes later. I have seen fights because of that. If the person isn't there, they that is their fault.

It's fun to line up though. People who get there early are rewarded with the best seats. And if you've got a group of friends, you can all sit together, you don't have to split up into 2 or 3 smaller groups.

Isn't the opposite true? When I went to movies in NYC I'd frequently have to split up from the group because, without assigned seating, the people already there had left loads of one seat gaps and nothing else.

If "Reloaded" previews didn't count for it's amazing Thursday gross, then Previews for this shouldn't count for it's OD.

Yeah, the rules for this are pretty much set and in place.If studios want to have more 10pm openings, thats fine, I'll go see them at 10 or midnight. But that doesn't mean they get to pretend that they weren't at 10.

I have no idea why ya'll americans dont have reserved seating

To me, because it won't make a difference. Either way is technically unfair. One way you have to fight someone online to buy tickets you want, if you are around a computer. Or you have to get to a movie early to be in line for a decent seat. It's all the same