Jurassic Park

62 members have voted

1. 1. Grade Jurassic Park

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

I was far too young to see this at the theatre when it first came out, but when it got a UK rerelease a couple of years ago I couldn't say no to going. It gave me a greater appreciation for the film than I had before, and was much more effective than it was at home (I felt the same about Titanic last year). When they're on the chopper going to the Island and the score goes loud I got goosebumps. And the T-Rex Enclosure scene is just that much more effective on the big screen. Sucks that the UK has to wait until August for the 3D release, but I cannot wait to go again.10/10

• Like 1

This movie has held up well during the past 20 years. There were a couple of people who jumped and cringed at the Raptor and T-Rex scenes. I laughed even after knowing most of the funny parts the movie. And Jeff's character just gets more funny. Best of all applause at the end of the movie. It just goes to show how JP was such a iconic movie.

• Like 1

I wish they stil made blockbusters like Jurassic Park with a decent buildup rather than worrying about the audience getting bored if something doesn't explode at least twice a minute.

Do you think the internet has something to do with how small attention spans moviegoers have these days? Cause when you're scrolling around the net you can immediately click something else if you get bored

I think you are probably on the money there. One thing is for sure though, the average attention span is declining.

Yeah, it sucks. Like teachers are having a lot more trouble these days with kids who cant stay put and pay attention, and I'd imagine book sales have been going down too. I dont have the greatest attention span but its still a sad state of affairs. The internet might be one the greatest inventions made by man but it has its downsides. 

I think you are probably on the money there. One thing is for sure though, the average attention span is declining.

mainly because of the rise of internet. Before internet, there were only limited ways to get information, and we used to grab as much as we could. Now in the post-internet era, there are too many ways to get information and we get TOO much from everywhere on everyday. What usually happens now is that we dont get information, we pick and ignore them. We ignore those that dont appear (at first glance) interesting or useful to us, and we only read those that show its value at first glance. Well, the truth is, the true value of something usually doesnt really show up that quickly. This is how internet is changing out habit.

Still remember seeing this movie when I was a kid like 3-4 times in the theater.  First real huge summer blockbuster I can remember seeing multiple times with family and friends, etc.  Might try to catch it again in theaters, though might not be able to this weekend and not sure how long it'll be out (is this a limited run?)

Edited by FTF
  • Like 1

I can't even write a review for this movie I love it so much. This is my favorite movie of all time and why I want to be a filmmaker.

everything about it. Not to mention I went at 4 years old opening day to the Lost World.

In 8th grade I got to see Jurassic Park on the largest movie screen on the west coast for its re-grand opening and it was the best theater experience of my life.

A+

• Like 4

so B is the lowest grade currently in this thread? not even a naughty B-?

well, let me rectify that.

kind of enjoyable for a while, and then slides down the spiral of ineptitude and idiocy. i'm not really sure what there is to complain about 'movies these days' if this is the sort of mindless action that you're citing as quality found only in the land of cotton candy and childhood dreams. it isn't the worst of its kind.

D