Jurassic Park

62 members have voted

1. 1. Grade Jurassic Park

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

A+. One of the best movies ever made. Ground breaking for it's time. I'll always remember the T-Rex Vs. the lamb/goat. Jeff Goldblum running water down the girls hand like a mack daddy. Newman getting owned by that raptor like Dino. Extracting the DNA from the mosquito. Can't say enough about it.

• Like 1

One of the most iconic films of my childhood. This was the film that sparked my obsession with dinosaurs. Incredibly entertaining on every level and the visuals still hold up marvelously well today, almost two decades later.

A+

• Like 3

I liked it on the big screen but we never bothered to buy it for home cinema or watched it on TV, so I guess it didn't leave much impression. Maybe I should give it a new try; from what I remember it was beautiful - if mindless - fun (and I had a thing for Laura Dern then :wub: )

I think you should watch it again, it definately holds up well, especially compared to current "thirll rides" films
  • Like 1

Fantastic film.Saw it a few days after it was released back in 1993, the first time I saw the dinosaurs, I had tears of joy, it was one of those moments that I've yet to see repeated with any other film since then.However, the movie is not about dinosaurs or even human beings, it even ask the question how can human beings live in the technological nightmare worlds they have constructed for themselves? We see many moments of this where Neill's character is annoyed with how he can't get along with technology, or when the leading characters argue about the import of Jurassic Park, or even another character amazed over a can of shaving foam which is really a secret storage container for smuggling embryosPlenty of times in the movie the heroes themselves are dealing with technological hazards then dinosaurs. The car falling out of the tree, the perimeter fence turned on, how the characters at the main base are unable to get anything working. Educated, intelligent people are helpless before failed or refusing to work technology (Phones aren't working!), which is as helpless as when faced with a T. Rex or a Raptor. This is where the brilliance of the film lies. The real meaning is dinosaurs are technology too, as highlighted when a velociraptor in a brilliant shot, is bathed in the light of a computer monitor, and suddenly appears as a collection of computer data constructions. They aren't real animals.The acting is excellent by all the characters, Laura Dern and the young actress who plays the granddaughter both deliver especially noteworthy performances. The movie is very fast paced and never lets up. Some great camera shots like the T.Rex car chase (You think they'll have that on the tour?), the birds viewed from the window of the chopper at the end of the movie, a reminder of how dinosaurs are still with us; Dern attempting to stare down a velociraptor, every muscle in her body straining, and of course when the T.Rex itself emerges from the enclosure in the middle of a rainstorm. Despite the predictable ending and chase scenes, the dinosaurs themselves have a splendor that is impossible to resist.Highly recommended.A+

Edited by BoxOfficeZ
  • Like 3