Rthmessiah

Weekend#s BD2 $43.1M/$227M, Skyfall 36/221.7, Linc 25/62.2, Rise 24/32.6, Pi 22/30.2, Ralph 16.8/1

This pleases me

I can't even begin to tell you how much this pleases me. Katzenberg has been shopping this film around all kinds of ridiculous Hollywood awards making people think it's the greatest thing in the world. He hasn't learned a thing from his final days at Disney. If he wants awards he needs to learn to recognize what a great film looks like. I doubt he saw the success of HTTYD coming. But then again this is the guy that thought The Lion King would fail because it was terrible.

With Rth's numbers:

Skyfall's Wednesday is 14.4% bigger than CR's. If Skyfall maintains this lead for the rest of its run, it will finish with 306m. :o

BD2's Wednesday is 2.9% bigger than BD1's. If BD2 maintains this lead for the rest of its run, it will finish with 289m.

Edited by Fake
  • Like 2

Wow at some of these numbers!Especially Lincoln, Life of Pi and Red Dawn.Red Dawn, after Cabin in the Woods proves that if a film has been on the shelf for 2+years, it doesn't mean people won't go to see it.

99,9% does´ent even know it or care

I can't even begin to tell you how much this pleases me. Katzenberg has been shopping this film around all kinds of ridiculous Hollywood awards making people think it's the greatest thing in the world. He hasn't learned a thing from his final days at Disney. If he wants awards he needs to learn to recognize what a great film looks like. I doubt he saw the success of HTTYD coming. But then again this is the guy that thought The Lion King would fail because it was terrible.

Seriously ? Katzenberg is the one who got TLK successed. Then he got fired by Eisner because he wanted more charge on Disney productions.

Katzenberg found DW/DWA, all aiming at revenge to Disney. All that is why DWA always came up with similar idea with Pixar in the first few years: beating Disney. All Katzenberg wants is revenge. And when innocent animations becomes a means of revenge, he can no longer make the best ones.

Katzenberg is a wizard yet he went a little carried away by his upset at Disney.

Now that you've seen the film, you're signature is actually misleading.Just like the marketing campaign. lol.

But I've read the book...I already knew how it ends. :)

It definitely is!Nobody saw 300m coming...... or 1B WW.

It's taken me way too long to come around but I have to agree with you now. It will probably hit those numbers....incredible.

Seriously ? Katzenberg is the one who got TLK successed. Then he got fired by Eisner because he wanted more charge on Disney productions.Katzenberg found DW/DWA, all aiming at revenge to Disney. All that is why DWA always came up with similar idea with Pixar in the first few years: beating Disney. All Katzenberg wants is revenge. And when innocent animations becomes a means of revenge, he can no longer make the best ones.Katzenberg is a wizard yet he went a little carried away by his upset at Disney.

Stop making things up. Katzenberg was not fired, he left Disney in september of 1994 and his fight with Eisner was settled out of court for a LOT of money.And give me a break. He only helped Lion King succeed by not interfering in the creative process. Here's a little history lesson on what Katzenberg thought about The Lion King:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygz1BMtYmC4Did you know he also wanted to cut 'Part of Your World' out of The Little Mermaid because a little boy dropped his popcorn during a test screening? Glen Keane had to fight to keep this iconic scene in the film. True story.Jeffrey Katzenberg wouldn't recognize a good film if it slapped him in the face. I have tremendous amounts of respect for the creatives at DWA, but Katzenberg can just go away for all I care. Edited by PatrickvD