Olive

ALICE THROUGH THE LOOKING GLASS | 5/27/16 | If anyone cares, there is an RT watch in this thread apparently.

9 hours ago, SteveJaros said:

This has 'flop' written all over it, doesn't it? It's likely to be Disney's "Tomorrowland" this year, a failure in a sea of success. Don't see how this stands up to the X-men and even if X wasn't opening, the time just doesn't seem ripe. Probably should have saved it for next spring, in the Cinderella slot? 

Tomorrowland had very small marketing going against that movie...and that didn't have a big appeal to OS-audiences to help it.

Alice 2 on the other hand, is a sequel....and even if X-Men: Apocalypse out opens it.....i don't see that crushing Alice 2, that much. It's a similar case as it was with X-Men: Days of Future Past/Maleficent, 2 years ago. Granted...those 2 films were a week apart from each other.

The only reason people has Alice 2 as flop...is mostly because "they hated the first one". And just mere wishful thinking, IMO. I don't think it should work that way, though. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Tomorrowland had very small marketing going against that movie...and that didn't have a big appeal to OS-audiences to help it.

Alice 2 on the other hand, is a sequel....and even if X-Men: Apocalypse out opens it.....i don't see that crushing Alice 2, that much. It's a similar case as it was with X-Men: Days of Future Past/Maleficent, 2 years ago. Granted...those 2 films were a week apart from each other.

The only reason people has Alice 2 as flop...is mostly because "they hated the first one". And just mere wishful thinking, IMO. I don't think it should work that way, though. 

Well, I am predicting a flop and I very much liked Alice 1. :)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, filmlover said:

Agreed with this. A 300: Rise of an Empire-style drop-off seems most likely.

I would say even a bigger drop-off as that one was adding 3d while here Alice 1 already had 3D. But then this one is retaining the actors.

Just now, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Which i can understand pretty well....but i doubt Disney would let it flop......especially since China could help it.

Quick question: Why is China your go to defense for everything? It's going to face X-Men and Warcraft in less than two weeks there, legs are going to be weak.

6 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Quick question: Why is China your go to defense for everything? It's going to face X-Men and Warcraft in less than two weeks there, legs are going to be weak.

Your opinion. :P Because you want it to. :jeb!:

And also...your wishful thinking of having it flop won't make other people....not wanting to see it, lol. Not everyone is going to see X-Men.....and i'm very cautious about Warcraft's box office potential....cause the predictions for that movie can go either way....Some say hit, some say miss.

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Your opinion. :P Because you want it to. :jeb!:

And also...your wishful thinking of having it flop won't make other people....not wanting to see it, lol. Not everyone is going to see X-Men.....and i'm very cautious about Warcraft's box office potential....cause the predictions for that movie can go either way....Some say hit, some say miss.

I'm not expecting it to flop, I'm just expecting an underperformance. DOFP was pretty big in China and World of Warcraft has a lot of popularity there.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

I'm not expecting it to flop, I'm just expecting an underperformance. DOFP was pretty big in China and World of Warcraft has a lot of popularity there.

I wouldn't call Alice 2's WW decrease a mass underperformance. And yes, i agree that X-Men: Apocalypse & Warcraft will do much better in China....but the question is: how much better? And will it save Warcraft?

If it does between $600-700M WW....it's not that catastrophical. Just an expected drop from the first one that had advantages at the time.

On 07/05/2016 at 6:57 AM, Krissykins said:

I think this will flop in the US, under $200m. 

I think it will do around 200m DOM, but it can come close to 1b WW. It won't flop, I don't know why people keep saying that. It's the kind of movie that you don't see that much buzz for it beforehand but a lot of its target audience end up watching anyway.

On 5/7/2016 at 8:39 AM, superweirdo87 said:

The heroic hollywood scooper heard that Alice is tracking big especially among females.

Not surprising. Johnny Depp is still hugely popular among females (mainly middle-aged women)