Alpha

Why do people dislike TDKR?

Look, when a thread is created titled "Why do people dislike TDKR??" It's open season whether you like it or not and basically, it's an invitation to post the reasons WHY.. If you don't like it?? You shouldn't have posted the thread to begin with.. Plus, you say the movie was so damn well received and if it truly was, we wouldn't have a thread like this with the title it has now would we?? :rofl:

Wasp : as impressive as those figures are, TDK's are better. Obviously this movie was not as well recieved as its predecessor. However there is a difference between a movie being highly rated but not quite up to the level of its predecessor vs ur troll fantasy world where tdkr is hated by everyone but Nolanites, plus it kills puppies and causes eye cancer.

This is a thread to discuss why it recived an 87% RT and an 8.7 imdb vs a 94% RT and a 9.0 imdb score. Please, stop trolling...... Its just sad from someone ur age.

I'm not expecting any more of a reply from you then last time given how incapable of rational argument that you have shown yourself to be.

This is a thread to discuss why it recived an 87% RT and an 8.7 imdb vs a 94% RT and a 9.0 imdb score.

We already discussed it so many times, it's simple: that movie did not live up to great expectations because there were flaws here and there (It's all over the internet) that kind of tarnish the experience for some people. There's nothing else to discuss that has not been said many times before. Nothing to add anymore, I mean, what do you want? Some kind of fanboys public therapy to heal the pain for its 7% loss compared to TDK's RT's rating? So what, do you really believe every movie has to score a 90%+ to make you happy and enjoy that movie?

Why do you care so much about other people's opinion that may differ yours if your reply is nothing but "you didn't get it, troll, there's no flaws. It's the Batman, it's a masterpiece. In Nolan I trust. Amen" and keep whining on that very thread "OH Gosh, why didn't they like this masterpiece, please can someone tell me what's wrong with this world that doesn't love things the same way that I do?". Give me a break.

This is a dead end street. Stop beating a dead horse. Get over it and move on. Period.

• Like 1

Hmmm, reading comprehension ain't your strong point is?BKB thinks that this thread is proof that it was poorly received when in reality every single metric we have points to this movie being well received but not as well received as its predecessor. That is not an opinion but is simple fact.As for what you think about this film I really couldn't care any less. movies are personal things and they either connect with you or they don't. This movie obviously didn't connect with you....i,'m not loosing sleep over it bud.

Edited by Phil in the Hobbit

Yet you post 25 times in a thread you feel is useless?Wow.

Yeah because it's the thread to explain why it got a 84% rating on RT and not 100% or whatever that makes you feel comfortable, why some people dislike it, right? So when we all pointed out the reasons why then Nolan fans like you are griping on them like their opinions are useless therefore that thread becomes useless. Or the OP must have contained a warning that was a Nolanites reserved discussion thread. So I may let you keep on the self congratulary egos therapy, guys. Now, do you get it or is it too much complicated to grasp for you? Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 1

Yeah because it's the thread to explain why it got a 84% rating on RT and not 100% or whatever that makes you feel comfortable, why some people dislike it, right? So when we all pointed out the reasons why then Nolan fans like you are griping on them like their opinions are useless therefore that thread becomes useless. Or the OP must have contained a warning that was a Nolanites reserved discussion thread. So I may let you keep on the self congratulary egos therapy, guys. Now, do you get it or is it too much complicated to grasp for you?

I have no problems with people who are not 'Nolanites' coming in here and posting their thoughts as to why it was not as well recieved as its predecessor. I just don't understand why someone who views this thread as useless would post this many times??? That is far too complicated for me to grasp sadly :)And you know what, I'm just going to post each of our first responses to this thread and I'll let others decide for themselves which of us is the fan-boy who is desperate for their chosen film of choice to be universally loved is, and which of us is the person who just wants genuine film discussion.

My best guess is that people did not connect to this movie as well because....Seeing how Batman came to be - Interesting.Seeing Batman in his prime battling the Joker - InterestingSeeing a broken down Bruce Wayne dealing with his absolute need to be Batman - Not so InterestingPersonally I thought it added another dimension to the batman saga but i can see how people who just want to see Batman kick ass and take names would be disappointed.

VS

623M is telling Nolanites to stop braggin and shut their pie hole.

Don't be dishonest. I was clearly responding to a Nolanite, not you, showing exactly that kind of attitude I've been pointing at in my previous message:

448M is telling everyone to STFU.

Was that an open invitation to discuss the issue like gentlemen, wasn't it? :rolleyes: Edited by dashrendar44

Don't be dishonest. I was clearly responding to a Nolanite, not you, showing exactly that kind of attitude I've been pointing at in my previous message:

I didn't say you were responding to me, I said look at how we introduced ourselves to this thread. But I guess we had already established that reading comprehension wasn't your strong suit....

But I guess we had already established that reading comprehension wasn't your strong suit....

Yeah and you have none (You're the one that don't understand how Bane is a pawn, not surprising) when I've already stated I was responding to a peculiar post. Hello, is there anybody out there? Retarded, much? Edited by dashrendar44

I love how Shawn archived the other TDKR Thread but won't lock and archive this.. Clearly, it's pretty obvious no one will ever agree on this tripe of a movie and as a result, Nolan fans will wring every bit of sweat out of this movie and thread they can get..

You mean people will have differing opinions on a movie.

• Founder / Operator

I love how Shawn archived the other TDKR Thread but won't lock and archive this.. Clearly, it's pretty obvious no one will ever agree on this tripe of a movie and as a result, Nolan fans will wring every bit of sweat out of this movie and thread they can get..

And if I had left it closed, you'd be complaining that I'm a biased Nolan fanboy who can't accept that people don't like the movie.

;)

Edited by ShawnMR
  • Like 5

out of the hundreds of members on this site, its always the same 2-3 people continuosly hating on this movie in this forum. They are just trying to convice themselves that this movie was a dud when it sure as hell wasn't.Amazing to see how TDKR haters always ranting on and on about nolanites etc and yet any person that defends this movie or answers their petty arguments on supposed 'plot holes' that a kindergarten kid could figure out, they get bashed.Phil the hobbit, i agree with everything in your posts. You have defended this movie with logic and sound reasoning. you have my respect dude:)

• Like 3