Moviedweeb

Weekend Estimates Hobbit 36.7 pg 33

If that Hobbit numbers hold then I guess it be a good number IMO (ofcourse not great but given the jumps rest of the movies got that looks good)

Is it possible for you to change your name?I don´t know you, and i´m allready on the fence here :P

Is it possible for you to change your name?I don´t know you, and i´m allready on the fence here :P

I don't understand why you want me to change my name.Of course you don't know me but I have been posting at WOKJ for quite sometime now. This are first of the very few posts I have made at BO.com

I don't understand why you want me to change my name.Of course you don't know me but I have been posting at WOKJ for quite sometime now. This are first of the very few posts I have made at BO.com

We had a guy here who called him self IJack Sparrow who were a psycho and totally fucked over some members here.He even ows people money from bets. And every time i see that name i get :wacko:But i put a smiley in there because i was mainly messing.. Or was i :ph34r: Edited by fmpro
  • Like 1

Maybe I am just jaded or maybe I am just use to a big tent poles doing giant numbers worldwide in their first 2 weeks but 300 just doesn't seem like it's that much to me. It's not huge for a film like The Hobbit. I have no idea where it will end up but I don't think it's hitting 1,000,000,000 and I don't think it's hitting 300 here.

• Like 1

I also said this a few months ago before the film came out. There is nothing wrong with doing just under 300 or just over 300. It's the expectations hear that were a little bit out of whack. Doing 300 and say 8 or 900 worldwide is huge.

If ROTK can manage $550m adjusted for 3D / inflation DOM and probably around $1.8b (including market expansion in countries such as China and Russia) WW, then predicting something like $400m DOM / $1.4b WW for Hobbit is not out of whack.

Edited by Elessar

If ROTK can manage $550m adjusted for 3D / inflation DOM and probably around $1.8b (including market expansion in countries such as China and Russia) WW, then predicting something like $400m DOM / $1.4b WW for Hobbit is not out of whack.

You can't just calculate 3D receipts from 2D ... there's bound to be less admissions, at least among people I know (= people who have to pay for their tickets themselves). I don't understand why theater managers put 3D on their biggest screens and best showtimes and 2D on small screens in the afternoon or late night; a sold-out 8pm 2D show will make as much $$$ as a 2/3 full 3D show, but sell nearly double as much in concession.
  • Like 1

But the Hobbit look nothing like the other films. And that is part of the problem with the marketing is that in my opinion it just does not look appealing. So when I predicted 300 and 1,000,000,000 there was nothing out of whack with that either your expectations your Outlook your analysis of it is what was flawed.

The hobbit is doing fine but with expectations people are calling it poor.

Expectations have nothing to do with anything.Next to the original trilogy, TH is doing quite poorly with a massive drop in attendance.Next to the average tentpole, TH is doing very well.TH is a great success but we are talking about one of the most renown intellectual properties in the world.

Sat looking likeTH1 14.3-5m,JR 5.7-8m,TI40 4,ROTG 2.2,GT 2, Liinc 2.2,Minc 1.9,Sky 1.9,CDSWA 700k,BD2 1m,WIR 744k

TH Sat is higher than I hoped but lower than I feared. I hope it starts falling behind FOTR numbers soon and even BD2. Edited by fishnets